Greasy Fork is available in English.

Resize YT To Window Size

Moves the YouTube video to the top of the website and fill the window with the video player.

< Feedback on Resize YT To Window Size

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 14-04-2022
Edited: 14-04-2022

Not sure if I'll get an answer, but I have a 1600x900 monitor, use Firefox, and this script would always give me some small black bars on the sides of the video which was centered horizontally. I think I may have hit a button at some point (can't imagine which because there's no setting to change aspect ratio for YouTube videos and this script only has a toggle on/off shortcut) and now those bars are gone causing the video to stretch, resulting in the top and bottom overflowing out of view (I can't see this part of the video at all, bad for subtitles given by the creator).

After playing around with the code a little bit, I can only get these missing parts back in view if I change the "width", "min-width", and "max-width" percentages at lines 393-395. However, this doesn't center the video anymore and has obviously shrunk the player's width unlike before with the black bars.

This occurred on 4/13/2022 on version 127. I updated to 129, but the problem persisted. I've also deleted and reinstalled the script to make sure I undid any of my changes. I've disabled all other scripts I use on the YouTube domain. Lastly, I've deleted cookies for YouTube.com and still nothing. Is there any other idea to get the black bars back so I can see all of the video again?

§
Posted: 14-04-2022
Edited: 14-04-2022

Same issue here. I tried opening this in a new Firefox profile, and disabled cookies for youtube. I was using version 124 and updated to version 129 and nothing worked. I'll try the workaround for now, but I think I'll look for a replacement until this is fixed. Using a 1920x1080 monitor, on Firefox 68.

§
Posted: 16-04-2022
Edited: 16-04-2022

UPDATE: I'm not sure what I've changed or what might have been reset, but after having the script disabled for a few days and turning it back on, the black bars are back and I can see all of the video again. Rewatched the video that had the problem and it looks correct. I've been using this script for about 2 years now and love it.

§
Posted: 19-04-2022

Came back to report that the stretching has returned and the top and bottom are cut off again.

ZrenTác giả
§
Posted: 20-04-2022

Issue tracked at: https://github.com/Zren/ResizeYoutubePlayerToWindowSize/issues/70

v130 should fix this. Sorry for not responding earlier, greasyfork.org email notifications were sent to spam.

§
Posted: 20-04-2022

Thanks, it's working great again!

Đăng nhập để bình luận