Greasy Fork is available in English.

Steamgifts Auto Entry

Automatically enters giveaways on steamgifts.com

< Feedback on Steamgifts Auto Entry

Review: Tệ - Script không hoạt động

§
Posted: 07-05-2017

v21 eating up cpu

After todays update (v21) it is eating up my cpu big time.

steam_gifterTác giả
§

How do you know it is this script and not something else? What step is the script on when you see the CPU usage? What are your settings? Do you have a lot of games in your list? Did you set a large max page number? There's nothing new that would take an exceptionally large amount of CPU with the default settings.

§
What step is the script on when you see the CPU usage?

see below.

What are your settings?

min 20, max 280, max pages 10

enter any wishlist no
enter group no
enter featured no

Do you have a lot of games in your list?

Did you set a large max page number?

see above.

There's nothing new that would take an exceptionally large amount of CPU with the default settings.

You know that this is not true. :)

I see a tons of:
""Unable to enter giveaway https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/4ohTr/deep-space-dash pointsavailable=300" Steamgifts_Auto_Entry.user.js:109:3
300 points available, attempting to enter giveaway with best chance of winning /giveaway/c8ikh/metrico Steamgifts_Auto_Entry.user.js:109:3
Removing hidden iframe"
on console even after I deactivate it with clicking on the green tick.

Note that at the moment I'm not synced, so maybe you forgot to check wether the user is able to enter a giveaway at all.

§
How do you know it is this script and not something else?.

Sorry, I forgot to answer this one.

People who have desktop computers usually very curious about how I find out almost immediately if something is abnormal with the cpu usage. I was in the exact same boat up until I started to use a notebook as a desktop replacement.

If I'm just doing the usual web browsing, the notebook is completely silent. So I immediately know if the cpu usage raises because the fan starts to blow, and the sound of it is almost directly proportional to the cpu usage.

After I updated your userscript I started to hear the fan spinning up. So I went on checking what's going on with the cpu usage, and saw that instead of the usual 3-4% of firefox cpu time, it uses around 15%. Since the only thing I did was updating your script I immediately know that something is fishy with it. Tried to turn it off with the green tick, but the usage stayed the same. Turned of the script completely and reloaded the page, and a usage went back to the normal 3-4% and the fan stopped.

And that my friend is the tale of how I found out whether this script is the bad guy or not :)

The audible noise for the cpu usage is really a great thing. Makes you being aware of your computer doings. I can recommend it to anyone :)

§

And now that I've spent waaay too much time with this I also took a little time to take a look at on the diff. I'm way below of a javascript novice but this if:
"if(pointsavailable > maxpoints && bestchanceentries.length>0) {"

looks like does not count in the fact that the pointsavailable will never decrease if the user is not synced... maybe... idk.

steam_gifterTác giả
§

You can see within the if statement, that length of bestchanceentries will be reduced by 1 every time through, even if pointsavailable remains the same. I don't know why any modern computer would be struggling to deal with that, and 15% can't really be described as eating the CPU big time. You can disable the feature by setting the max points to 300.

Đăng nhập để bình luận