Howrse Foal Games

Foal games for Howrse in script form.

< Feedback on Howrse Foal Games

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 29-05-2014
Edited: 29-05-2014

Improvements, Glitches, Ideas

First off, this is a nice script idea you've had. I like it.

You could probably actually overwrite the amount of food it tells you to feed with your values actually, that would probably be simpler.

When you're looking for that nowrap class element that shows the desired feed amount, you need to realise that it's not the [0]th element if the horse is underweight/overweight, it's the [1]st.

Lastly, I've made some of these additions if you wish to use them. I know you probably loathe me by now, but nevertheless.

http://pastebin.com/a3vrg0S6

daexionTác giả
§

Except I only want to use the first element, and if the foal is overweight the foal game schedule should be suspended for an alternate schedule. Because of the feeding schedule for foal games the foal should never be underweight and only being overweight should be an issue because the foal game schedule feeds the foal about 4 pounds of fodder over what the game suggests. Because of that over-writing the game's suggestion is unethical because it leaves the player in the dark as to how much over the foal is being fed. In short, the player not only has a right to know they need to know what the game's recommendations are for feeding the foal, and not just what some schedule someone concocted that walks a tightrope of feeding a foal just under what will make the foal over-weight.

I don't loathe you for making some suggestion. I do question your ethics with regard to games.

Please don't post revisions to my scripts anywhere, just make suggestions as I can write my own code. There is little reason to use unsafewindow, and I have yet to see any reason to make use of it.

§

I suggested the use of unsafeWindow because it makes for much cleaner code less prone to errors if a meticulous string search fails.

daexionTác giả
§

Using unsafeWindow when it's not needed is to use it as a crutch. Simple scripts such as this do not require breaking the security model of GreaseMonkey and opening security holes.

§

Those security holes are long since gone, but fair enough. I highly doubt Owlient is the exploiting type though.

§

Never the less, best not risk it. I wrote a generic function to get the content variables which I'll likely use. If it fails for any reason, then I'll resort to unsafeWindow.

Đăng nhập để bình luận