Greasy Fork is available in English.

Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Block unwanted sites from your Google, DuckDuckGo, Startpage.com, Bing and Yahoo search results. v2.3.1 2024-05-11

< Feedback on Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 20-02-2021

Using Waterfox Classic ver. 2020.10, Google Hit Hider ver. 2.1.4, Greasemonkey ver. 3.11. First, love this script. Google is worthless without it. The "Block" button stopped appearing today. Worked fine previously. I have tried later versions of Google Hit Hider recently, but none have even showed the management panel. 2.1.4 is the latest version that I have found to work in Waterfox Classic. It seems likely, google has changed their code. It'd be great to have the current version updated to work properly in Waterfox Classic. As an alternative, perhaps a workaround? I'm not sure how many people still use Waterfox Classic. Thanks!

Jefferson ScherTác giả
§
Posted: 20-02-2021
Edited: 20-02-2021

I stopped testing with GM version 3.x quite a while ago, but I have a thought.

You probably know that Greasemonkey 4.x changed the API names. For example, GM_getValue changed to GM.getValue. In order to accommodate both, there is a line of code that sets a switch for Greasemonkey 4.x to treat it differently from Greasemonkey 3.x, Tampermonkey, and Violentmonkey.

In version 2.1.5, I modified that code to provide initial support for the new FireMonkey extension. That change remains in version 2.1.9, and is the only thing I can think of that might be causing a complete script failure on GM 3.x.

As a test, try installing version 2.1.9 and then manually editing the following line in the script from its version 2.1.5+ code to its version 2.1.4 code:

Line 57 in 2.1.9 (changed in version 2.1.5):

var GM4 = (typeof GM_getValue === "undefined") ? true : false;

Replace current Line 57 with the code from version 2.1.4:

var GM4 = (typeof GM.getValue === "undefined") ? false : true;

Does that let version 2.1.9 work on GM 3.11 ?

§
Posted: 21-02-2021

Yes it does. I actually compared the code changes from ver. 2.1.4 to 2.1.5 and came to the same conclusion. I wanted to say thanks again and how much I appreciate you taking the time to answer. For many years now this script has been my savior to not see all the bloat and garbage that litters the internet. You sir saved a good bit of my sanity. Take care!

Jefferson ScherTác giả
§
Posted: 21-02-2021
Edited: 21-02-2021

Sorry, that was switched and I don't see any way to edit it at this point!

* Line 57 of version 2.1.9 has this:

var GM4 = (typeof GM.getValue === "undefined") ? false : true;

* Legacy Greasemonkey needs the v2.1.4 code instead:

var GM4 = (typeof GM_getValue === "undefined") ? true : false;

Đăng nhập để bình luận