Netflix - subtitle downloader

Allows you to download subtitles from Netflix

< Feedback on Netflix - subtitle downloader

سؤال / تعليق

§
Posted: 13-01-2019
Edited: 14-01-2019

Text with multiple lines is upside down

First of all, script works as advertised. Thumbs up. BUT, ripped subtitles are upside down. For instance, a (two lines of text) sentence "Hello there, fellow humans. I would like a cup of coffee" is displayed "I would like a cup of coffee. Hello there, fellow humans". In other words, the second line of text is in place of the first line of text. Single line text is fine, only multiple lines' text is upside down. Am I doing something wrong or? Netflix itself displays the subtitles as they should be. Subtitle Edit says many of the lines are overlapping, but one can ignore that since timings are in the end just fine. All is good except the problem described. Any ideas? Thank you and keep up the great work!

EDIT: Attached the .vtt file. Renamed it to .txt, since it couldn't be uploaded otherwise. Just rename it to .vtt. Sidenote: subtitles work fine on Netflix, and even though Subtitle Edit says many of the lines are overlapping, I can confirm timestamps work just fine. Everything is in order, except the problem I've described. Maybe the two are related? Thanks!

Tithen-Firionمؤلف
§
Posted: 13-01-2019

Attach example subs in original format (.vtt)

§
Posted: 19-01-2019
Edited: 19-01-2019

Just a small update. As you can see, the subtitles have a bunch of code around the text (position, background color, font color). I haven't found a way to prune them in Subtitle Edit, so I've tried an online coversion tool. It was able to remove all the code, but the order of lines of text is still messed up. For instance, if there's 3 lines of text, third line is displayed first, first is displayed second and the second line is displayed as third. Sometimes the second line is first, third is the second and third line is the first. And sometimes two lines of text, if they are two sentences, are displayed properly. I thought that maybe something goes wrong during the conversion from .vtt to .srt, but nope. I've just tried using the .vtt file in Potplayer and things are still messed up. What gives? Have you found a solution? I can't be the only one having such problems. I'll try a different series or a different movie, see how that goes. Thank you.

Tithen-Firionمؤلف
§
Posted: 19-01-2019

It's not my fault person creating those subs is a moron. .vtt supports multi-line cues, there's no need to split them. You will have to use Tools > Merge lines with same timecodes.... If you need it in batch conversion then ask authors of Subtitle Edit for it.

As for the "bunch of code around the text" - read description of this UserScript.

تسجيل الدخول إلى مرحلة ما بعد الرد.