Auto Close YouTube Ads

Close and/or Mute YouTube ads automatically!

< Feedback on Auto Close YouTube Ads

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2017-01-06

Ad muting no longer working?

The ad-muting feature for the Auto Close YouTube Ads script doesn't seem to be working anymore. I don't think my computer is to blame for this problem since I get the same problem on both of my laptops.

§

I'm having the same issue as you on multiple computers and on multiple browsers (Firefox & Opera with Chrome extensions)

fuzetsuAuthor
§

@ShiiKami but it's working in Chrome still? I'll test it in the other browsers when I get a chance to fix it. I did make a change to the muting recently so that it doesn't depend on the language youtube is set to (only worked when it was set to english before).

§

@fuzetsu I just gave it a go in Chrome on my PC and it's not working for me. It's perfect other than that and I commend you on your hard work.

fuzetsuAuthor
§

Thanks! I'll look into the issue. Are you using Tampermonkey on chrome?

§

Yep, Tampermonkey on Chrome, Tampermonkey on Opera using the Chrome Extension installer and Greasemokey on Firefox. Cheers

fuzetsuAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-01-07

Looks like youtube changed the way their mute button looks/works... Should be fixed now.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/9165-auto-close-youtube-ads/diff?v1=167920&v2=165373

§
Posted: 2017-01-08

It seems to work perfectly now. Thank you!

Sign in to post a reply.