WordPress.com is trying to push its new interfaces, including the new stats page. This user script forces a redirect to the classic dashboard stats page when the new stats page is visited.
This script is based on wpcom-edit-post-redirect.user.js.
If you don't already have one, install a browser extension that allows you to run user scripts. Then, install the script from Greasy Fork.
Alternatively, visit the URL below:
The tests are written with the Mocha testing framework and run in a Node.js environment.
Functions are stubbed using Sinon and assertions are made using Chai (TDD style).
Setting Up the Test Environment
- Install Node.js
npm install in the root directory of this project
Running the Tests
To run the tests once, run
npm run test.
To run the tests continuously while developing, run
npm run test-dev.
- The new interface may start loading and appear before the redirect occurs
- The redirection will likely fail for Jetpack-enabled sites whose site root is
different from their installation root
- v1.0.0: Initial release
- v1.0.1: Fix redirect for private and Jetpack-enabled blogs
- v1.0.2: "Fix" infinite redirect caused by old stats page being taken down
- v2.0.0: Redirect to the classic dashboard stats page instead
- v2.0.1: Fix regex to match URLs without a stats type
- v2.1.0: Redirect even when there is no blog domain in the URL
- v2.1.1: Ignore new countryviews and posts pages
- v2.1.2: Get default blog more reliably
- v2.2.0: Don't redirect if URL has
from=wp-admin in query part
- v2.2.1: Fix failed query part checking
- v2.3.0: Add automated tests