What are user scripts?
User scripts put you in control of your browsing experience. Once installed, they automatically make the sites you visit better by adding features, making them easier to use, or taking out the annoying bits. The user scripts on Greasy Fork were written by other users and posted to share with the world. They're free to install and easy to use.
Step 1: install a user script manager
To use user scripts you need to first install a user script manager. Which user script manager you can use depends on which browser you use.
Step 2: install a user script
Browse this site to find a user script you want to try. Here is a sample of the most popular scripts:
- Macro Fast Mass Ejector & Split (Best)✓ - Fastest Mass Ejector & Split Macro
- Yet Another Weibo Filter - filter Sina Weibo by keywords, authors, topics, sources, etc.; modify layout
- Anti-Adblock Killer | Reek - Helps you keep your Ad-Blocker active, when you visit a website and it asks you to disable.
- KissAnime Anti-Adblock Blocker - Not even the people from Easylist seem to fight this site anymore, someone had to try as this looks popular enough. *sigh*
- 网页限制解除(改) - 通杀大部分网站，可以解除禁止复制、剪切、选择文本、右键菜单的限制。原作者cat73，因为和搜索跳转脚本冲突，遂进行了改动，改为黑名单制。
Once you've found a user script, click the green install button on the user script's page, and your user script manager will ask you to confirm the install.
Step 3: use the user script
Go to the site the user script affects. It should automatically do its thing. After trying out the user script for a while, go back to where you installed the user script and leave some feedback for the user script's author.