Approved Entries Notifier - MAL

Auto-perform a few checks daily to notify you when specific anime/manga entries get approved or denied.

< Feedback on Approved Entries Notifier - MAL

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2023-09-05

Does not work any more.

On four separate occasions, I've gotten the "your entry has been approved" notification every time I open MAL for the first time after restarting my browser. Clicking on the notification takes me to the entry I had selected despite it still being unapproved. I then have to click on the "Notify when approved!" button again, which just restarts the cycle.

hacker09Author
§
Posted: 2023-09-05
Edited: 2023-09-05

@emukus

It started working again a while ago... Pls update your rating

§
Posted: 2023-09-06

What do you mean it started working again a while ago? The issue I'm talking about happened just minutes before I reported it. And it happened again today.

It has clearly not been addressed. Unless you're confusing this with another conversation.

hacker09Author
§
Posted: 2023-09-06

No I am not confusing this with another conversation.

Yes, it has been fixed.

So purplepinapples had an issue with https://sean.fish/mal_unapproved and also with DB sentinel, and he took 1 day to figure out a solution because MAL changed something in the way he made everything work, and that way no longer works...

I was also annoyed because this script stopped working because of that, so I kept getting the notification that the same entry was approved/denied, although it wasn't either, for like 2/3 days in a row, but after his fix I started getting notified again correctly or new entries, so he fixed the issue.

After checking that website and your link I see that MANGAs still have an issue
He stated on his website https://sean.fish/mal_unapproved/manga that
"
Sorry, MAL removed the workaround this depended on to get unapproved manga IDs, so its not possible to update them on this page anymore. However DBSentinel does have a backup of the queue as it was on August 25th, with images/data/dates etc (but it is currently not able to discover new unapproved entries, or mark ones that have denied as such)

Im looking into ways to find new unapproved manga entries and update the status of items that get approved/denied, but it may take a while as theres no obvious solution and I am a bit busy with work/other projects

Heres a link to the last known list of unapproved manga (JSON) from this page if that is useful

If you'd like to discuss/contact me about anything else regarding this, feel free to join the Discord
"

§
Posted: 2023-09-08
Edited: 2023-09-08

Okay, so it currently works for anime entries but not manga entries. I've updated my rating to reflect that.

hacker09Author
§
Posted: 2023-09-09

Fixed

§
Posted: 2023-09-10

Fixed

Sign in to post a reply.