English | 日本語 | 中文
How to install UserScripts:
What is this script:
When you opened many amazon tabs on your browser and keep them open for a while, they seem to be calmly in an idle state. But it's not true.
Every single amazon shopping page launches a bunch of automatic tasks for some kind of purpose, marketing analysis or tracking your behavior, I don't know, for literally more than a HUNDRED times total per every single second. Even if your browser modestly reduces its frequency on background tabs, it does cost on your CPU. And you keep tabs more, the cost also gets more. You can check them with the browser's task manager.
This script bundled these needless tasks and reduces its frequency to at most 1 time per minute on background tabs, for reducing the CPU load. And surprisingly you lose NOTHING at all. You can enjoy shopping completely with no differences but a much-tamed CPU. What the hell was that?
Before (Firefox, 1 foreground tab, 3 background tabs, opened for a while)
* The effect seems to depend on browsers. The CPU load and its reduction are significant, especially on Firefox.
* I haven't tested its effect on any other amazon services other than shopping though, I appreciate your reporting.
About Amazon associate:
- This script may add an associate ID to visited Amazon URLs.
- It doesn't replace any existed ID.
Donate for this script:
- PayPal.Me/kantankikaku ←You can send me $1 🤗
- Amazon Wish List ←Snacks while coding 😋
- Amazon CPU Tamer ←Enjoy shopping as well 🥳
- Any kind of referral links are also appreciated 🎉
List of my scripts:
- * CPU Tamer scripts
- All scripts
Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Greasemonkey, Tampermonkey, Violentmonkey, UserScript, Extension, Add-on
Amazon.com, Amazon.com.br, Amazon.ca, Amazon.com.mx, Amazon.cn, Amazon.in, Amazon.co.jp, Amazon.sg, Amazon.com.tr, Amazon.ae, Amazon.fr, Amazon.de, Amazon.it, Amazon.nl, Amazon.es, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com.au