Youtube HD

Select a youtube resolution and resize the player.

< Feedback on Youtube HD

Review: Good - script works

Deleted user 25884
§
Posted: 2019-08-27
Edited: 2019-08-27

The changes break my quality settings, I'm back on v2018.08.13

I've noticed blurry videos after the update. Manually checking the quality confirmed it was only 1080p AUTO instead of just 1080p forced.

However downgrading to v2018.08.13 instantly shows effect, resulting in 1080p without AUTO. I am on the modern polymer UI. Was anything changed on their site? Knowing Youtube TestTube experiments are sometimes not globally rolled out.

Giving this a green/good rating, but it would be nice if you had kept some kind of fallback.

Edited for clarity.

adisibAuthor
§

Thanks for reporting.

Can you let me know what browser, browser version, and userscript manager you use so I can make sure that I can confirm the issue when I look into it? It is possible that it is related to an experiment, but I usually test in private browsing / incognito mode to remove any cookies when I do this to try to make sure I get a typical version of the site.

I'll try to reproduce the problem soon, thanks for your patience.

adisibAuthor
§

I was able to go ahead and look into it. I can confirm the issue, so I don't need the extra info.

It seems that Youtube fixed the issue that the latest version of my script solved, so the change isn't necessary anymore. However, I can't know that for sure, and I don't like removing a fix just because I can't reproduce it right now. I have to do it anyway, since I can't reproduce the old problem to find a better solution, so I made it an option.

Try out version 2019.08.27 that I just uploaded here and let me know if it fixes the resolution issue you are having. If someone runs into the video not loading problem again, they can set the new setResolutionEarly setting to false to go back to the fix being present.

Sign in to post a reply.