Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Block unwanted sites from your Google, DuckDuckGo, Startpage.com, Bing and Yahoo search results. v2.2.8 2023-07-19

< Feedback on Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2022-05-01

The "block" button is gone.

§
Posted: 2022-05-02

hi jefferson. thank you so much for this essential little filter. i am having the same issue as my best friend, and my perma-bans like amazon.com and all of it's increasingly numerous variants are starting to creep back into my search results. not sure if this is relevant in determining a diagnosis, but when the block buttons disappeared a while back, i was able to get them to show up again by changing the block button position setting. but this no longer works. i'm afraid we need your help.

§

Thank you for the screenshots; I was going to ask which search site. The structure of the DDG results page changed and I see the problem. I'll need to rewrite several sections of the script to work with the new layout.

§

I posted an updated version that gets the buttons displayed on DuckDuckGo. Thank you for reporting this. If you notice any style glitches with the buttons, block dialog, etc., please let me know.

§
Posted: 2022-05-03
Edited: 2022-05-03

Hi again, Mr. Scher. Sorry there are two threads. I wanted to place my bug report with the other similar one, but then my message disappeared behind the requirement of an extra click you would have to make on their post. I wasn't sure if you would be compelled to click on the ultra-efficient five-word message from our best friend.

Aaand I just realized you probably receive notifications regardless of where things get posted, yet I'm rambling like my life depends on it for little reason. I should probably start over, but I'm a weird dude and it amuses me to just push forward. To help make up for what I just put you through, as well as what I'm about to put you through, I'll copy and paste my message from the other thread at the end of this one. If you make it that far.

In regard to the domains that were banned but occasionally slip through; I'm a cs student and I tinker quite a lot with Firefox, so perhaps this isn't helping. Amazon.com and Ebay.com are the only ones I've noticed. Not sure if this is relevant in determining the diagnosis, but when I click the button to manage hiding, the rogue perma-bans disappear from my search results. There are not many, and please know I'm wayyy grateful for your work. I have nothing but love for all except Bezos & Zuckerberg, man. [and putin, though this is less domain-ban specific. same with the elected officials we pay to spread misinformation, as if they finished their work early by not ever doing any of the shitload of work that needs to be done before we all melt, and instead put on their evil twelve-year-old costumes.] I'm rambling again. I'm so sorry man, long day. Here's my message from the other thread, for the most part:

You have my gratitude, Mr. Scher. Filtered through your wonderful code, the rapidly deteriorating web is once again made searchable. This is significant, you know. So please let me know if there's a patron link or something I can use to send a little bread for your trouble. There's probably a giant button that I missed [🤣] but it's finals week and this screen is fusing with my eyeballs.

Thank you, Mr. Scher. Happy Coding.
<>badger

§
Posted: 2022-05-03

Thank you, the button has appeared. By the way, the search engine is the same, duckduckgo.com.

Sign in to post a reply.