Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Block unwanted sites from your Google, DuckDuckGo, Startpage.com, Bing and Yahoo search results. v2.2.8 2023-07-19

< Feedback on Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2020-01-24
Edited: 2020-01-24

Styles for Startpage "dark" theme

Hi, I figured out some basic CSS rules to make the buttons match the "dark" theme of Startpage a little better. It could use some work, I didn't do all the hovering styles etc., or the pop-up boxes, and I haven't tested it much.

It also applies to Google, which looks weird, unless you have something like Dark Reader that also makes Google dark. It would be nice if the script would automatically detect the dark theme on Startpage and style it accordingly... In the meantime, maybe this helps someone as a starting point:

button.ghhider{color: #67C !important; background: transparent;} .ghh1time{background: #3B4576 !important;} button.ghhider[title="Unblock this site"] {color: #EEE !important; background-color: green !important;} button.ghhider[title="Permanently hide this site"] {color: #EEE !important; background-color: #600 !important;} button.ghhider[title="Re-hide this hit"] {color: #EEE !important; background-color: #3B4576 !important;}

See https://www.jeffersonscher.com/gm/google-hit-hider/more-options.php for more info.

Sign in to post a reply.