Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Block unwanted sites from your Google, DuckDuckGo, Startpage.com, Bing and Yahoo search results. v2.2.8 2023-07-19

< Feedback on Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2016-12-10

Request: Searx.me hit hider

Hello again,

I know this script works with some other google-based search engines. I wonder if you could get it working with Searx.me? (It is multi-engine.) I tried to add the url in grease monkey but I don't see the block buttons, and my test-hits were not hidden. However, I did see the Manage button.

If it won't work with this script could I request a script from you that works on Searx.me? It seems like a great, private search engine because it produces better search results than duck duck go, or startpage. It also has a lot more flexibility (i.e. date limiter, etc.)

I'll say in advance that I do understand that a script similar to Google hit hider would probably not work unless google.com is selected as the top search engine. I also suspect it won't work unless google is selected as the ONLY search engine. But that would be acceptable for me.

I will also request this on searx.me's github page. Thanks so much for this script and your hard work.
Melaney

§
Posted: 2016-12-11

It's not the most aesthetically pleasing results page, but its layout is definitely amenable to hiding.

Please give version 1.7.9 a try. There are block buttons on the image search, but they are not behaving well, so please ignore those for the time being.

Let me know of other issues you discover.

Sign in to post a reply.