Greasy Fork is available in English.

Neverwinter gateway - Profession Automation

Automatically selects professions for empty slots

< Feedback on Neverwinter gateway - Profession Automation

Question/comment

§
Posted: 14.04.2015
Edited: 14.04.2015

Need help/ advice to edit this bot to my needs, please.

Hi there,

I'm running this script and totally love it, thanks to everybody dedicating there time to program and maintain this. :-)
I have some questions on how to customize the script to suit all my needs. I hope these questions aren't too noobish and somebody can point me in the right direction here.

1) What do I have to edit to add a custom Profession rotation to the settings per character? I.e. I would like to have Jewelcrafting 1-20 for levelling new toons and Jewelcrafting up to 25 to level specific characters to Jewelcrafting Level 25 both at the same time. This should make sure that the new toons doesn't level Jewelcrafting over 20 and waist resources, time and a slot on that, in my case.

2) The script has the option to "Open Reward Chests", is there a way to exclude one specific character on my account from that. I would love to have this enabled for all my toons but not for my main character.

3) Can "Open Reward Chests" leave 1 Chest/ Barrel ... of any type in the inventory? I would prefer that to have a arranged Inventory feeling on every character, also this makes sure that there is no slice of time where a Leadership reward, can't be accepted due to a full inventory, the bot is faster in opening than me with tiding inventories. ;-)

I have read some scary things about the "Auto Vendor junk.." function here and am now uncertain if it may sell things of value by accident if I turn it on.
4) Can I exclude a certain character from the enabled "Auto Vendor junk.." function?
5) Is it possible to filter the items to sell the other way around it is now? I mean is it possible to make a list of items to sell and only sell items from that list if they are found in the inventories? This way I would feel much better using this option, which is a great idea as it saves time. This way I only collect and add list items and feel safe afterwards.

6) Is there a way to cycle through the Sword Cost Adventures automatically once a day? It would be cool not to use the button "Cycle SCA" every day.

7) Is there a simple way to add a warning to the prinfopane div of the script right on top of every page that indicates if a toon is low on inventory space? Maybe under the AD counter?

8) Is it possible to fix a certain slot to a certain task? For example slot 9 to Black Ice Shaping?

Thx for reading and your help
Regards a guest

Rotten_mindAuthor
§
Hi there, I'm running this script and totally love it, thanks to everybody dedicating there time to program and maintain this. :-) I have some questions on how to customize the script to suit all my needs. I hope these questions aren't too noobish and somebody can point me in the right direction here.
####No "noobish" here, ;D , look answers and check also other versions from Github.
1) What do I have to edit to add a custom Profession rotation to the settings per character? I.e. I would like to have Jewelcrafting 1-20 for levelling new toons and Jewelcrafting up to 25 to level specific characters to Jewelcrafting Level 25 both at the same time. This should make sure that the new toons doesn't level Jewelcrafting over 20 and waist resources, time and a slot on that, in my case.
2) The script has the option to "Open Reward Chests", is there a way to exclude one specific character on my account from that. I would love to have this enabled for all my toons but not for my main character.
4) Can I exclude a certain character from the enabled "Auto Vendor junk.." function?

No, current script has no support per character profiles/settings and I have no intention to add that kind feature because it exist Github version.

3) Can "Open Reward Chests" leave 1 Chest/ Barrel ... of any type in the inventory? I would prefer that to have a arranged Inventory feeling on every character, also this makes sure that there is no slice of time where a Leadership reward, can't be accepted due to a full inventory, the bot is faster in opening than me with tiding inventories. ;-)

No, this will not prevent your "Inventory Full" -error and best way prevent it is "Vendoring" or leave "Open Rewards" unchecked. Using "Auto Vendor" + "VEndor PRoff items" + "Open Rewards" prevents inventory fill up, but Mod6 added items what "Auto Vendor" will NOT sell so you need 30 - 40 bag slot.

If not level "Alchemy" Vendor all but not "Rank3 enchants" and all goes well if have 30 - 40 slots on use.

I have read some scary things about the "Auto Vendor junk.." function here and am now uncertain if it may sell things of value by accident if I turn it on.

Scary things are there because I tested those "mistakes" and made that way "filters" for Vendor. (world is unsafe place just wanted remind that)

If you make worst "sell junk list", it still cant Vendor your precious /Special|Gold|bound|ToolElemental|Gemfood..../",

there is very long list items what NOT Vendor and I tested with wildcards that list, nothing really bad just old obsolete stuff is gone...

5) Is it possible to filter the items to sell the other way around it is now? I mean is it possible to make a list of items to sell and only sell items from that list if they are found in the inventories? This way I would feel much better using this option, which is a great idea as it saves time. This way I only collect and add list items and feel safe afterwards.

This is precisely the way how it works now.

6) Is there a way to cycle through the Sword Cost Adventures automatically once a day? It would be cool not to use the button "Cycle SCA" every day.

This is possible to add, but need check that it will not break other things.

7) Is there a simple way to add a warning to the prinfopane div of the script right on top of every page that indicates if a toon is low on inventory space? Maybe under the AD counter?

Gateway has unreliable way count inventory space, better use "Vendor" or not "open rewards".

8) Is it possible to fix a certain slot to a certain task? For example slot 9 to Black Ice Shaping?

No per slot/character -task here, but give "Black Ice Shaping" one slot by Default and then allocate other professions normally eg.

• I have 9 slots open
    • 1 slot Black ice
    • 1 slot Alchemy
    • 9 slot LEadership

...so if your dealer brings your Ice -patch, process some Ice, if your Alchemist have task, do some experiments... if guys are LAZY Leadership takes care all what is left.

Thx for reading and your help Regards a guest

Well, I do this as long I like it... THX for helping "like IT"... if you got what I mean...

oh, check Github, with it you are on your own because... I simply cant crawl through its "features",

Noonereallys NWBot -mod from Buntas script (link to Github)

§

Hello Rotten_mind,

thx for your reply, if I got it right, I think you have misunderstood me on some questions. I try to bring light to that along with quotes.

No, current script has no support per character profiles/settings and I have no intention to add that kind feature because it exist Github version.

My questions aimed for: At which lines do I have to add my new definedTask, that it shows in the settings like i.e. "Leadership XP" and "Leadership" do, as I would like to have "Jewelcrafting" and "Jewelcrafting XP".

No, this will not prevent your "Inventory Full" -error and best way prevent it is "Vendoring" or leave "Open Rewards" unchecked. Using "Auto Vendor" + "VEndor PRoff items" + "Open Rewards" prevents inventory fill up, but Mod6 added items what "Auto Vendor" will NOT sell so you need 30 - 40 bag slot.

The "Inventory Full" -error is not my main concern. In which line does the script determine how much rewards of a type needs to be opened? I thought if I lower that variable by 1 and keep sure that it won't get smaller than 0 I have what I'm looking for.
Also in which variable do I find the currently selected character? With that I could simply add an if condition around one or two functions to exclude one character from that.

here is very long list items what NOT Vendor and I tested with wildcards that list,

What's the problem on that? Are there item names missing? Or IDs? Can I help on that?

Gateway has unreliable way count inventory space, better use "Vendor" or not "open rewards".

Can you explain the unreliable way to me, please?

Well, I do this as long I like it... THX for helping "like IT"... if you got what I mean...

Sorry I don't think that I understood that right. Is there a "like IT" button you are referring to, that I missed?

oh, check Github, with it you are on your own because... I simply cant crawl through its "features",

Ok I will go through that, I just thought if somebody can point me a line to start or a code snip I could save some time.

Regards a guest

§
Posted: 16.04.2015

§
Posted: 18.04.2015

?

Rotten_mindAuthor
§

If you really want per slot per character tools task... you must use different script or rebuild this one.

Im allready mentioned one other project what is

here

Profiles lines are like this,

1Refine_Astral_Diamonds(x1:)
1Leadership_Tier3_16_Fight(x1:Mercenary:)
2Leadership_Tier3_13r_Protectdiamonds(x1:Mercenary:)
2Leadership_Tier3_20_Destroy(x1:Mercenary:)
2Leadership_Tier2_9_Chart(x1:Mercenary:)
2Leadership_Tier2_12_Taxes(x1:Mercenary:)
2Leadership_Tier3_13_Patrol(x1:Mercenary:)
2Leadership_Tier3_16_Fight(x1:Mercenary:)
3Leadership_Tier3_13r_Protectdiamonds(x1:Mercenary:)
3Leadership_Tier3_20_Destroy(x1:Mercenary:)
3Leadership_Tier2_9_Chart(x1:Mercenary:)
3Leadership_Tier3_13_Patrol(x1:Mercenary:)
3Leadership_Tier3_16_Fight(x1:Mercenary:)
4Leadership_Tier3_13r_Protectdiamonds(x1:Mercenary:)
4Leadership_Tier3_20_Destroy(x1:Mercenary:)
4Leadership_Tier2_9_Chart(x1:Mercenary:)
4Leadership_Tier2_12_Taxes(x1:Mercenary:)
4Leadership_Tier3_13_Patrol(x1:Mercenary:)
4Leadership_Tier2_10_Battle(x1:Mercenary:)
4Leadership_Tier3_17_Deliver(x1:Mercenary:)
5Leadership_Tier3_13r_Protectdiamonds(x1:Mercenary:)
5Leadership_Tier3_20_Destroy(x1:Mercenary:)
5Leadership_Tier2_9_Chart(x1:Mercenary:)
5Leadership_Tier2_12_Taxes(x1:Mercenary:)
5Leadership_Tier2_10_Battle(x1:Mercenary:)
5Leadership_Tier3_13_Patrol(x1:Mercenary:)
5Leadership_Tier3_17_Deliver(x1:Mercenary:)
6Leadership_Tier3_13r_Protectdiamonds(x1:Mercenary:)
6Leadership_Tier3_20_Destroy(x1:Mercenary:)
6Leadership_Tier2_9_Chart(x1:Mercenary:)
6Leadership_Tier2_12_Taxes(x1:Mercenary:)
6Leadership_Tier2_10_Battle(x1:Mercenary:)
6Leadership_Tier1_6_Survey(x1:Mercenary:)
6Leadership_Tier3_13_Patrol(x1:Mercenary:)
6Leadership_Tier3_17_Deliver(x1:Mercenary:)
7Blackice_Tier3_Corrupt_Enchantment_Greater(x1:)
7Blackice_Tier2_Corrupt_Enchantment_Lesser(x1:)
7Leadership_Tier3_13r_Protectdiamonds(x1:Mercenary:)
7Leadership_Tier3_20_Destroy(x1:Mercenary:)
7Leadership_Tier2_9_Chart(x1:Mercenary:)
7Leadership_Tier2_12_Taxes(x1:Mercenary:)
7Leadership_Tier3_16_Fight(x1:Mercenary:)
7Leadership_Tier2_10_Battle(x1:Mercenary:)
7Leadership_Tier3_13_Patrol(x1:Mercenary:)
7Leadership_Tier3_17_Deliver(x1:Mercenary:)
7Leadership_Tier1_6_Survey(x1:Mercenary:)
8Blackice_Tier3_Corrupt_Enchantment_Greater(x1:)
8Blackice_Tier2_Corrupt_Enchantment_Lesser(x1:)
8Leadership_Tier3_13r_Protectdiamonds(x1:Mercenary:)
8Leadership_Tier3_20_Destroy(x1:Mercenary:)
8Leadership_Tier2_9_Chart(x1:Mercenary:)
8Leadership_Tier2_12_Taxes(x1:Mercenary:)
8Leadership_Tier2_10_Battle(x1:Mercenary:)
8Leadership_Tier3_13_Patrol(x1:Mercenary:)
8Leadership_Tier3_17_Deliver(x1:Mercenary:)
8Leadership_Tier1_6_Survey(x1:Mercenary:)
8Blackice_Tier1_Mass_Process_Blackice(x1:Cryomancer:Cryomancer:)
9Blackice_Tier3_Corrupt_Enchantment_Greater(x1:)
9Blackice_Tier2_Corrupt_Enchantment_Lesser(x1:Mercenary:)
9Leadership_Tier3_13r_Protectdiamonds(x1:Mercenary:)
9Leadership_Tier3_20_Destroy(x1:Mercenary:)
9Leadership_Tier2_9_Chart(x1:Mercenary:)
9Leadership_Tier2_12_Taxes(x1:Mercenary:)
9Leadership_Tier3_17_Deliver(x1:Mercenary:)
9Leadership_Tier2_10_Battle(x1:Mercenary:)
9Blackice_Tier2_Purified_Enchantment_Healthsteal_Lesser(x1:Mercenary:)
9Blackice_Tier1_Process_Blackice(x1:Mercenary:)
§
Edited: 18.04.2015
My questions aimed for: At which lines do I have to add my new definedTask, that it shows in the settings like i.e. "Leadership XP" and "Leadership" do, as I would like to have "Jewelcrafting" and "Jewelcrafting XP".

@guest_1 In answer to your question precisely:

Tasklists are defined in lines 663 - 1458 and combined into one variable in lines 1521 - 1539.

But you cann't mix eg. "Jewelcrafting" and "Jewelcrafting XP" in settings for one character because script cann't determine to which tasklist belongs alredy finished task.

There are defined "Leadership" and "Leadership XP" only because some people want to gain as many RAD (less than 24k) as possibe and don't care how fast reach lvl 20, and some want to reach lvl 20 as fast as possible and then gain at least 24k RAD/day.

§
Posted: 19.04.2015
Edited: 19.04.2015

For the rest of my questions above I figured out how to do them. The small downside of this is of course that I have to disable script updates and merge every new version with my version to keep my changes, but I got some new questions.

1) I have Black Ice Shaping level 4 and the script doesn't has a defined task for that level upon installation, it's still picking the level 3 tasks now. Is this intentional? Also I can add a level 4 task to the script and it will choose that.

2) On a fresh script installation and execution Chromes JavaScript Console has one error multiple times "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '_lastSeen' of null in client.js:1". But the script keeps running. What is this error? Does this matter? Can I correct this error anyhow? I can't find the variable _lastSeen in the script.

3) Which items fit this filter "_vendorItems[_vendorItems.length] = {pattern: /^Object_Plate_/, limit: 0};"? There is no comment in the script about it.

4) Which items fit this filter "_vendorItems[_vendorItems.length] = {pattern: /^Object_Decoration_/, limit: 0};"? There is no comment in the script about it.

5) Is it correct that "_vendorItems[_vendorItems.length] = {pattern: /_Green_T[1-5]_Unid$/, limit: 0};" sells every green gear from level 1 - 60, but doesn't match blue gear of any level and also doesn't match purple gear?

6) Is the gateway inconsistent on level 61-70 items, thus making it hard to write a matching filter?

7) Can I help to improve the sell filters? What is needed to get the mod 6 junk sold properly?

8) Does anybody know what the "Gateway has unreliable way count inventory space" means exactly?

9) Is here interest in my efforts to add the "Cycle SCA" in the script to run once every day without the need to press the button?

10) I would love to keep track which of my characters failed to complete the 24k AD per day. To be better informed and have more control over the AD production. Is there a snip in the script that I can build on that reads the amount of refined AD of the current character per day? This information is i. e. in the tooltip of the refine ad button in the gateway.

@WloBeb
Thx for your clarification, as I understood your answer the script doesn't support to build additional profession cycles, or I risk faulty logic decisions of the script. That wasn't clear to me when I wrote the questions. I thought it would be easier to expand this.

§
Edited: 19.04.2015

As @WloBeb said

You can make as many custom task list as you want, even one per character, "Jewelcrafting_1..n" the limitation is using more than one on a single char, it was not meant for that.

@WloBeb Thx for your clarification, as I understood your answer the script doesn't support to build additional profession cycles, or I risk faulty logic decisions of the script. That wasn't clear to me when I wrote the questions. I thought it would be easier to expand this.
Not sure what you mean here, you can have as many as you want.

At line 2677 there is if (settings["openrewards"]) { change to if (settings["openrewards"] && (settings["nw_charname" + charcurrent] != "main_char_name_goes_here")) {..

or if your main is also your banker then you can: if (settings["openrewards"] && (settings["nw_charname" + charcurrent] != settings["bankchar"])) {..

(not tested, i'm not using this script version)

At line 2686 for (i = 1; i <= slot.count; i++) change to for (i = 1; i <= slot.count-1; i++) (Again, not tested, i'm not using this script version)

Yes, if you add such thing, notice that your check need to adjust to timezones, you can do it either via client timezone check or the gateway model has a server time offset.

9) Is here interest in my efforts to add the "Cycle SCA" in the script to run once every day without the need to press the button?

I think that for it to be a good way you will need to check for the wait time before next character task, and only if it is large enough (lets say 15 sec * number of characters) you should cycle. What i would like to see is the button change color depending if you cycled today or not, and it's somewhere on my todo list.

Adding to that tab is not an issue. line 2733.

8) Does anybody know what the "Gateway has unreliable way count inventory space" means exactly?

I have not seen anything 'unreliable' there, the main issue is the model stores everything in bags, so you must be picky about what bags you count, for example companions storage is a bag, but you do not want to count free space there for this purpose. In other words, you can't just run over all the bags and count free space, but selectively filter the bags. Perhaps i'll implement it, I can see it's usefulness for everyone.

Not in this version of the script, it's a work in progress on the other version you were given link to, but not finished yet.

For the rest of my questions above I figured out how to do them. The small downside of this is of course that I have to disable script updates and merge every new version with my version to keep my changes, but I got some new questions.

You can always make the changes more customizable, for example add inputs for them in the settings UI and submit for everyone to use, and it will be updated with the rest of the script. More work, but easier for you to include updated later.

1) I have Black Ice Shaping level 4 and the script doesn't has a defined task for that level upon installation, it's still picking the level 3 tasks now. Is this intentional? Also I can add a level 4 task to the script and it will choose that.

Someone (Rotten_mind ;p) forgot to add them in this version.

2) On a fresh script installation and execution Chromes JavaScript Console has one error multiple times "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '_lastSeen' of null in client.js:1". But the script keeps running. What is this error? Does this matter? Can I correct this error anyhow? I can't find the variable _lastSeen in the script.

This can be a gateway error and not the script. Have you tried to test on a totally clean install with no script at all? I have never checked this.

3) Which items fit this filter "_vendorItems[_vendorItems.length] = {pattern: /^Object_Plate_/, limit: 0};"? There is no comment in the script about it.

ObjectPlate

4) Which items fit this filter "_vendorItems[_vendorItems.length] = {pattern: /^Object_Decoration_/, limit: 0};"? There is no comment in the script about it.

ObjectDecoration

5) Is it correct that "_vendorItems[_vendorItems.length] = {pattern: /_Green_T[1-5]_Unid$/, limit: 0};" sells every green gear from level 1 - 60, but doesn't match blue gear of any level and also doesn't match purple gear?
6) Is the gateway inconsistent on level 61-70 items, thus making it hard to write a matching filter?
7) Can I help to improve the sell filters? What is needed to get the mod 6 junk sold properly?

If you are not familiar with regular expression I wouldn't recommend touching those, it can lead to unfortunate accidents.

10) I would love to keep track which of my characters failed to complete the 24k AD per day. To be better informed and have more control over the AD production. Is there a snip in the script that I can build on that reads the amount of refined AD of the current character per day? This information is i. e. in the tooltip of the refine ad button in the gateway.

Already implemented in the version you have been linked before.

Rotten_mindAuthor
§

If you are not familiar with regular expression I wouldn't recommend touching those, it can lead to unfortunate accidents.

Nice post.

About Vendoring, "exclude list" can be more specific... exclude list main purpose is prevent those "unfortunate accidents" what Crazy Flake mentioned up there...

Here is few examples from current list, and some explanations after "//" marks, if item contains "string" what is between ||, it will not be sold(you must first list item for SALE, OFC)

|Craftsman|Asset_Tool|Tools|// current script list Tradebag, this prevent crafting tools/Person sale

Gemfood|Gem_Upgrade_Resource|// these are refine stone, allmost anykind stone

Crafting_Resource_Elemental|Elemental| //mod6 items, we dont want sell

Artifact|Hoard|Coffer|Fuse|Ward| // we really dont want sell items named like these

So Vendor Exclusion are more "inclusive", if you understand...

Current exclusion list can be better if we make list more specific and easier to read ("human readable" can be good word for it),

Good example is "GemUpgradeResource",

• prevents any marks sale
  • could be better if "gray" items can enter junk sell?

...and there is still quality filter.

So its like building good shelter so you dont have to fear bad weather... well, meteorites can strike you dead, but that will be quite rare event, XD .

Sign in to post a reply.