Greasy Fork is available in English.

Twitter/X - clickable links to images and show uncropped thumbnails

All image posts in Twitter/X Home, other blog streams and single post views link to the high-res "orig" version. Thumbnail images in the stream are modified to display uncropped.

< Feedback on Twitter/X - clickable links to images and show uncropped thumbnails

سؤال / تعليق

§
Posted: 08-08-2023

The "uncropped thumbnail" feature works fine.
However, the "clickable inks to image" feature has recently stopped working.
What used to be a jpg link is now linked to a webp and the linked image is not displayed.

marpمؤلف
§
Posted: 09-08-2023

Hi.
It's still working for me - maybe I've simply not come across a webp post.
-> Do you have some example links, please?

§
Posted: 13-08-2023

Hi, 田中優
Same problem here and i found a solution. You can combo the script with this one: https://greasyfork.org/fr/scripts/387969

§

However, this doesn't work for tweets with multiples images.

§

Oh wait. Some of them will work and others not.

marpمؤلف
§

Same ask as before - please provide a sample url of a post that doesn't work for you.
All posts in my feed are solely jpg, not a single webp that I can find.

If I have a sample of the breakage, it's likely very easy to fix the script - without it, however...

marpمؤلف
§
Posted: 14-08-2023

I had a look at the other script mentioned above.
I don't trust the approach taken there (every webp image is always assumed to have a jpeg original - but there are also png and other formats that one can upload to Twitter) without first being able to reproduce the issue myself.
Instead, I assume the script will have to figure out "somehow" what the original image type is...

So yes, I absolutely need a sample post to reproduce the issue!
(There are things like "A/B Testing" which might explain why I don't encounter this issue myself, currently).

marpمؤلف
§
Posted: 12-09-2023

Please have a look at the 4.0 version of this script.

While I still do not get any "webp" myself, I used the links posted by "Electric Oven" to develop a solution.
-> Whenever a Twitter/X "webp" image is opened directly -> the script tests if this fails, and in such a case, it searches for a valid image for the other Twitter-supported image types (jpg, png, jpeg, jfif, pjpeg, pjp).

NOTE: "Right click | Save LINK AS" within a stream will not work for such links - the url correction only occurs after opening the image itself in a new tab.

Please test and provide feedback..

تسجيل الدخول إلى مرحلة ما بعد الرد.