Greasy Fork is available in English.

Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Block unwanted sites from your Google, DuckDuckGo, Startpage.com, Bing and Yahoo search results. v2.2.8 2023-07-19

< Feedback on Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

مراجعة: Good - script works

§
Posted: 16-04-2020

Google image search blocking appears to be broken

From past questions it sounds like image blocking is supposed to work. I was able to successfully ban pinterest.com from my standard Google search results, but when I switch to the image search tab, Pinterest results show up. Am I missing something?

Jefferson Scherمؤلف
§

Hmm, where is my button?

I guess either this is caused by a layout change, or it's the CSP problem mentioned in an earlier thread that doesn't have a very descriptive title: Broken.

(The browser will not run code injected by a 'monkey extension if it is instructed by CSP not to execute local code. I think I would need to write a formal extension to bypass that.)

I'll have to look into it more closely.

§

Thanks!

§
Posted: 15-06-2020

I also encountered the same problem. Hope to find a solution.

Jefferson Scherمؤلف
§
Posted: 20-06-2020

I think version 2.1.3 fixes the problems in Google Image results on Chrome with Tampermonkey. Still not working on Firefox with Violentmonkey.

§
Edited: 20-06-2020

Thanks for the update @"Jefferson Scher". Better than nothing. Instead of removing the images, they're greyed-out. It would be great if someone could modify it eliminate the actual placeholders so the relevant images show up as a normal grid.

I just tested using Chrome inspector, and if you remove the <div> around the image, Chrome does appear to rearrange the images nicely.

Before deleting divs:

After:

Jefferson Scherمؤلف
§

Hi Jeff, there's an problem where new results fail to appear when you scroll down if the layout changes too much (i.e., lots of results removed). The function of fetching new records seems to depend on a scroll distance that is stored in the page somewhere. I couldn't come up with a good workaround (having tried a lot of different things), so the opaque block was the compromise.

§
Posted: 21-06-2020

Ah, thanks for the great work!

تسجيل الدخول إلى مرحلة ما بعد الرد.