Greasy Fork is available in English.

Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Block unwanted sites from your Google, DuckDuckGo, Startpage.com, Bing and Yahoo search results. v2.2.8 2023-07-19

< Feedback on Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

مراجعة: Good - script works

§
Posted: 02-06-2017

"Featured snippets" from blocked sites are still shown in Google results

For example, in the following screenshot, dummies.com is blocked, but the featured snippet from that site is shown. example

Jefferson Scherمؤلف
§
Posted: 02-06-2017

Hmm, this is a little hard. I can detect the result listed in the box by adding this as a new line 356 --

(liels[i].parentNode.nodeName == "DIV" && currentG.indexOf("google") > -1 && liels[i].previousSibling != null) ||

-- but it doesn't replace the whole box, just the last section. It's going to need some new special handling. Thanks for mentioning it.

Jefferson Scherمؤلف
§
Posted: 03-06-2017

Hmm, line 361 specifically excludes the snippets:

liels[i].className != "g mnr-c g-blk"

I don't know why I had that in there. If you edit lines 360 and 361 as follows:

liels[i].className.indexOf("mitem")<0 &&
        liels[i].className != "g mnr-c g-blk") {

TO:

liels[i].className.indexOf("mitem")<0 
        ) {

Then the snippets are blocked. Before making this change formally, I'm going to try to figure out why I disabled it before. Possibly there were some boxes where there were a mix of good and bad sites.

Jefferson Scherمؤلف
§
Posted: 04-06-2017

Hmm, that exclusion was added in version 1.6.9 along with numerous changes related to image search blocking, but I don't think it's necessary with the current layout. Hopefully.

Your snippet example should be working (blocked) in version 1.8.1.

§
Posted: 05-06-2017

Just updated to 1.8.1 and tested it, and yes, featured snippets from blacklisted domains are now being correctly blocked.

Thanks for the speedy resolution. :smile:

تسجيل الدخول إلى مرحلة ما بعد الرد.