Greasy Fork is available in English.

Discussions » Greasy Fork Feedback

Minor suggestions to the editor

§
Posted: 23-04-2023

- The ability to: "Save without changing version, anyway" by default - so that there's no prompt, causing you to click the save button twice.
- The ability to update the title & description, without updating the entire script.

In relation to the first suggestion, it may be a good idea to give a small tip on how versions work, e.g: version X.Y.Z where X is for Major updates, Y is for Minor Updates and Z is for Patches.

§
Posted: 23-04-2023

The ability to: "Save without changing version, anyway" by default - so that there's no prompt, causing you to click the save button twice.

If you're changing the script, you really should be changing the version number. Not going to make not doing that easier.

The ability to update the title & description, without updating the entire script.

The format is that everything needed to install the script is in the script file. Not sure how this would work.

§
Posted: 24-04-2023
Edited: 24-04-2023
The format is that everything needed to install the script is in the script file. Not sure how this would work.

I don't think I was clear, when I meant "without updating the entire script" what I really meant was "without logging the update as a code change, in the history tab".

I see two methods:
1. Hide / Add the ability to hide, changes to the History tab if only the meta data or specifically chosen meta data, are changed.

A similar feature is there for the big description, and such that doesn't update the userscript file.

2. Add a box, like the big description input field, for title, small description, author, etc.

User inputs the necessary data ^^.

Greasyfork updates the userscript's code to include the metadata from the input fields the user has input values in.

If user has updated the userscript name, description, etc, manually, do not hide in history tab, if they used the input fields, hide in history tab (unless Show All Version, or something).

تسجيل الدخول إلى مرحلة ما بعد الرد.