Greasy Fork is available in English.

Discussions » Greasy Fork Feedback

Can't add picture

§
Posted: 16-03-2022

I've just realized that I can't add a picture to my script page.
While updating, I can browse and select my image file. The file name is then displayed in the form field.
I can submit the update and everything will seem like it worked fine; no errors are shown and I'm redirected to the script page.
But the new image is not there.
(The page in question is https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/27406-retrieve-full-page-titles-in-google-search)

Why is this happening? Is there something I can do?

I've already tried uploading different versions (PNG and JPEG), and of course they were all below 200kb.

Thank you :)

§
Posted: 17-03-2022

Are you able to post an update of the script without the image?

Can you upload the image somewhere else and provide a link here in the forum?

§
Posted: 18-03-2022

Hi, thanks for the reply!
Yes, changes are applied, except for adding the image
Sure thing: https://i.imgur.com/qhuAphF.png (Also trying to upload it in this reply as a test)

§
Posted: 18-03-2022

Huh, looks like the test worked

§
Posted: 21-03-2022

I had no problem posting it at https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/430767-post-test either.

Some possibilities:

1. There's something with your browser that's sending it in a different way, causing Greasy Fork to fail
  2. When you uploaded to imgur, imgur changed it in such a way that made it work with Greasy Fork (can you diff the original and the imgur version?)
  3. There's some intermittent failure in Greasy Fork
§
Posted: 22-03-2022

Hmm...

1. I tried it with Chrome and Firefox: same result.
  2. Since I already tried converting the file, that was unlikely to work. I don't know what I should be looking out for between the original and the imgur version, but a quick look at the file sie tells me it's a little smaller (72.6 kb -> 72.5 kb). However, attempting to add the imgur version failed as well.
  3. Sure feels like it: If something fails, the site should at least tell the user

🤷‍♂️ One of those situations where you'd like to be a fly on the wall inside the server and see what's going on ^^

Have you tried adding it as a second picture to an already existing script with picture? I see your test only has one.
I think adding is currently a bit broken?

I can upload pictures, including this one, as a first picture alright, but updating with a second one seems to fail.

I just did some further testing:

My findings today:

• It's not the file, that means:
    • Header
    • Contents
    • Name
  • It's not the script (same behavior observed in a different test script)
  • Adding a picture (update) when there is already at least one picture fails
  • Adding one picture when there isn't currently one attached, either when first saving the script or updating, works
  • Adding multiple pictures works, if they're added together and there aren't any attached yet
  • Adding pictures while simultaneously removing existing ones also fails

It might be that this is still isolated to certain cases; accounts come to mind.
Could you try adding one to your test?

Otherwise, it feels like it might be a bug in how updating the database value is handled, whereas inserting seems fine.
There are possibly orphaned files amassing themselves on the server(s) if the files are moved to their target locations before the successful update of the field was confirmed, or if no error is noticed; if there is no automated cleanup, maybe a spring cleaning would be in order after the issue is fixed ^^

§
Posted: 02-04-2022

I believe I've fixed the issues you've posted in red. Can you retest?

§
Posted: 04-04-2022

I believe I've fixed the issues you've posted in red. Can you retest?

Excellent!
It does indeed seem to be fixed 😀

Thank you very much! ☺

تسجيل الدخول إلى مرحلة ما بعد الرد.