soundcloud shuffle likes

Adds a shuffle play button to "Likes" and playlists

< Feedback on soundcloud shuffle likes

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 16-07-2020

Works well and does it's job of making shuffle in browser work properly, I have one suggestion, however. When you click shuffle play, it always starts you off on the first song in your likes queue. It would be nice if it starts you off on a random song, like shuffle in the Soundcloud mobile app does. Other than that, amazing script.

bhackelAuthor
§
Posted: 17-07-2020

I think I know a way to do that, so I'll look into it. Thanks for the feedback 👍.

bhackelAuthor
§
Posted: 18-07-2020

Looks like it is working in the new version, feel free to tell me about any further issues.

§
Edited: 18-07-2020

Ah, so whats happening now, is the first song still plays while the rest of the queue is loading, but it switches to another song once the rest of the queue has loaded. The first song still gets added to the shuffle though.

This is acceptable though, considering that in order to start off on a random song in shuffle, every song would have to be loaded before any song could play. This would be annoying for people who have a lot of liked songs.

Maybe it could start off on any of the first 30 or so songs, so that it would still be somewhat random while only being around a 2 second wait.

Screen recording

bhackelAuthor
§

I'm having trouble replicating the issue on my end, but I added a check that should fix it regardless (reverting to old behavior where no tracks play while the queue is loading). Let me know if that solves the problem.

§

Yes, the problem is solved now! Thank you!

Sign in to post a reply.