Greasy Fork is available in English.

Google Images direct link

NOTE: Since July 2016 this script is unmaintained. It is here just for historical purposes and to let other people fork it. Adds direct links to images and pages in google image search

< Feedback on Google Images direct link

Question/comment

§
Posted: 16-01-2015

Does not work with Firefox 35

Unfortunately no longer works with Firefox 35. Could you fix it?

§
Edited: 16-01-2015

Ah, I noticed it had stopped working recently. I assumed it was Google's fault; are we sure it's Firefox? I have downgraded to 34 and kater 33, and it's still not working. So I think it is something Google changed. Let's pray to Lorentz that he might find the time to fix it...

Lorentz83Author
§

I don't see any error, using both firefox 34 and 35. If it is due to a google update it is possible that I'm still redirected to some "old" server. Usually an update takes few days to be spread all around the world.
What localization of google are you using? Is it not working always or only on some URLs/images? (some website recognize this kind of direct linking and force the redirection to the containing page or to a dummy image)
By the way, thank you for the bug report. As soon as I can reproduce the error, I'll start working on a fix.

§
Posted: 17-01-2015

I use google.de. and google.com. Images can no longer click. I also think this is Google's fault. I wait until they can solve it. Thank you.

Lorentz83Author
§

Sorry, it was my fault. I always open the images in a new tab, so I didn't see the bug you found. I just updated a new version that should fix it.
Manually remove the previous one before installing it. I changed the namespace and the update url that pointed to the dead userscripts.org, so greasemonkey sees it as a new script to install instead as an old one to update.

§

"Bei mir geht's" ;)
It is working on my Firefox 35 (W8.1-64)

§

Thank you, it works again. Great script.

§
Posted: 31-01-2015

Woohoo, it works again! Perfect, I am very happy now.

Sign in to post a reply.