Greasy Fork is available in English.

Discussions » Development

Regarding the takedown of my userscript

Deleted user 734588
§
Posted: 14-05-2021
Edited: 14-05-2021

Hello, I am Divide, also known as KPal. My userscript Junker has been taken down with the reason being "Script without license can only be used you personally, you can't utilize its code in a published script". I work with SkidLamer in Krunker userscripts, and he has given me authority over the Krunker Junker project. Following this, I added the GPL-3.0 license to the userscript and published it to GreasyFork under my account as there is no way for him to give me access to his page. Following this, the userscript was taken down because it looked like I lacked the authority to add a license. Could this decision be reconsidered?

Deleted user 734588
§

Following this, my userscript Sploit has also been falsely taken down. When I changed the license on Junker I also changed the license for Sploit as once again I have the full authority to do so. There may have been moderator error as they saw a reupload of Sploit and assumed it was the original (which it was NOT, the namespace is removed along with credit). I am more than willing to provide proof of owning both userscripts and hope they can be restored.

Deleted user 734588
§

Regarding the above, I did not notice it was someone elses script that was taken down, by bad.

wOxxOmMod
§
Posted: 15-05-2021

I work with SkidLamer in Krunker userscripts, and he has given me authority over the Krunker Junker project

Licensing doesn't work like this so you need to provide an irrefutable proof. For example, the original author can add a notice on some of his public pages with a link to your greasyfork/github profile so you can link to that page saying "Permission given by the original author at <link>". Another possibility is for the author to add a license to the original script.

my userscript Sploit has also been falsely taken down

It was taken down for a valid reason: code minification isn't allowed on GreasyFork. You knew that by the time the script was taken down because your other script was taken down for the same reason previously. I see it's fixed now so I've undeleted the script.

Deleted user 734588
§
Posted: 15-05-2021

I apologize for the misunderstanding regarding the minified code takedown, I was frustrated thinking a different script takedown was mine when it was a redirect. I have contacted SkidLamer and instead of a separate userscript I will be added as a co-author. Thank you for your time and understanding.

Sign in to post a reply.