Greasy Fork is available in English.

Youtube Always Play in Highest Quality Everywhere

Always play youtube videos in highest available quality, embedded ones too, everywhere.

< Обсуждения Youtube Always Play in Highest Quality Everywhere

Отзыв: Хороший — скрипт работает как нужно

§
Создано: 21.03.2015
Отредактировано: 23.03.2015

Problem with Embedded YouTube Videos

Your script makes lots of Embedded Youtube Videos unplayable: " ... restricted from playback on certain sites."
When turned off, everything works fine with the same videos.
You can check this behaviour here.

rnoАвтор
§
Создано: 22.03.2015
Отредактировано: 22.03.2015

Hey! I've checked out all the videos on the first page, turning the script on/off didn't have an effect on the playability of the videos for me. Can you point me to the specific videos that give you trouble?
Also, please post your browser version and userscript extension version so that I can make sure the problem is not browser/extension (version) specific.

Hey rno,

This is only a problem for Firefox. Safari and Chrome both work perfectly. I have no clue why it doesn't block videos on Chrome and Safari, because they apparently infringe copyrights. Haha..... So anyway, just thought I should bring this to your attention as Mozilla users may never be able to watch embedded Youtube videos... ever, unless someone discovers how to bypass this block. Someone as smart as JoeSimmons or sizzlemctwizzle may be able to.. hehe.

§
Создано: 23.03.2015

Mozilla may just not like videos in iframes ;)

§
Создано: 23.03.2015

Oh! I just realised the videos DO load in Firefox if the script is off :/ It is again a script related problem :( Mozilla Firefox and this script = copyright infringing videos. The iframe conclusion is starting to sound valid...

Sorry for ruining your day,
Daniel.

rnoАвтор
§
Создано: 24.03.2015

All right, I've managed to reproduce the problem with a new Firefox profile w/ only Greasemonkey installed. It appears that if certain videos (with a url in the format https://www.youtube.com/embed/ID) are loaded via an iframe, they are not restricted. However, if they are loaded directly eg. by typing the url in the url bar, they become restricted.
This and the fact that Firefox and Chrome appears to handle page redirects inside of an iframe that are done via location.href rather than via modifying the iframe src attribute differently are probably responsible for the problem.
It's been more than year since I've last had anything to do with this script (userscripts.org was still up and running), so I might need some time to dive into the script again and sort this out (or to look into if it can be sorted out at all).

rnoАвтор
§
Создано: 30.03.2015
Отредактировано: 30.03.2015

Update: I've made some changes to the code and the problem seems to be solved, but
until it's tested properly, the updated version of the script will be available as a separate, development version at:

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/8870-youtube-always-play-in-highest-quality-everywhere-dev

Also, please note that the official and the development versions don't work properly when they are both installed and enabled, one has to be disabled for the other to work.

If you run into any problems while using the development version, please report them here, I'll try to fix them as soon as I can.

Thank you so very much, I have done extensive testing for the last half an hour and have found nothing wrong, no lag time in loading videos, no problems with the quality of the video, all seems to be good :)

Will update you in the future if anything pops up.

Thank you again,
Daniel.

Ok, I am a natural born tester, and with saying that, I have found something haha...
I was looking into possible compatibility issues with other slightly popular scripts and everything works perfect except with one script, the YouTube Link Title script. Basically it all works well, except again this is only a Firefox problem: the videos don't start in highest quality. Works perfectly on Chrome haha. So maybe there is a clash with the new code you added? anyway it should be a quick fix, seems like it anyway.

The script can be downloaded at: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/413-youtube-link-title

I tested this on Reddit at the Videos subreddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/videos) and if you can find it, the video starting with "In Busta Rhymes' 2012 song "Why Stop Now" ".

Thanks a lot for the quick fixes.
Daniel.

§
Создано: 08.04.2015
Отредактировано: 08.04.2015

You probably already knew this but the latest stable Firefox (37.0.1) automatically loads embedded videos in Flash rather than html5. The html5=1 parameter on youtube videos may or may not work on embedded youtube videos on Firefox. With HTML5 videos and the YouTube Link Title, your script works without a problem, but with Flash videos and the above mentioned script, it does not auto select highest quality.
You can experiment with turning HTML5 on and off from here when the YouTube Link Title script also installed: https://www.youtube.com/html5
This URL changes the global preferred method of video playback, so it is perfect for testing on the previously mentioned Reddit Videos subreddit.
Just thought I should update you on this just incase you hadn't realised yet.

Thanks,
Daniel.

Hey rno,
After heavy research, it seems that these two scripts shall never be compatible, it just clashes, no matter what I try to do. You may want to put a note up on your script page that these two scripts are not compatible when working side-by-side.

Thanks for the beautiful script :)
Daniel.

Ответить

Войдите, чтобы ответить.