Greasy Fork is available in English.

Обсуждения » Обсуждение сайта Greasy Fork

Proposal: Streamlining Script Changelogs with External Link Integration

Proposal for an Enhanced Changelog Section on Greasy Fork

Hello,

I have a suggestion to improve the functionality of the Changelog section on Greasy Fork. This will not only benefit the script developers, but also the users, making the platform more robust and efficient.

Problem Statement

Currently, when we upload or update scripts, we manually input the changelog into the dedicated section. However, if the script is hosted on platforms like Github, the process becomes redundant and time-consuming.

Proposal

I propose that we should allow the Changelog section to accept URLs, specifically Github links. When provided with a Github link, Greasy Fork will automatically fetch the relevant changelog details from the Github repository's changelog file.

The format of the changelog file could be something like this:

[v2.8]

Here, v2.8 refers to the version. So, the changelog file on Github could include multiple versions like [v2.6], [v2.7], and so on, but Greasy Fork will only fetch the changelog details relevant to the uploaded version.

Please note that the changelog file should not have an extension. It can include both HTML and Markdown code but should be parsed according to the version format. Here are some examples:

HTML format:

[v2.8]
<p>Added new feature</p>
<p>Fixed a bug</p>

Markdown format:

[v2.8]
- Added new feature
- Fixed a bug

Additional Functionality

In addition to this, it would be useful to allow script creators to delete old versions entirely. Currently, the history section contains old versions and their changelog. Allowing the removal of an entire old version could be helpful for managing the scripts more efficiently.

I believe these improvements will streamline the script uploading process and provide a better user experience for both script developers and users. Thank you for considering my proposal.

§
Создано: 02.06.2023
Отредактировано: 02.06.2023

If you use webhook to sync with the script in another platform, the changelog will be automatically added as per your commit message.

You can just use markdown in GitHub commit, and such markdown will be also displayed in GreasyFork changelog, although it is a bit buggy.

See https://greasyfork.org/en/users/webhook-info

I'm currently using a script that does automatic commits and I'm using GPT-4 to generate an automatic changelog between two versions of the script. The entire process is managed in a repository. Unfortunately, the OpenAI API doesn't seem to have the ability to embed information in commit comments (not sure why), it just does a default Github auto-commit like "update x".

I have to say that it would be quite beneficial if it worked as I described above, including the feature to delete older versions.

However, in my opinion, until someone tries a webhook sync, they are likely to stick with what they see in front of them

Thank you for your answer and for your time :)

This suggestion is meant to support other users more than me ( I don't use this site very often, but I find it interesting :) )

I hope your answer was useful for many users.

The rest is up to the administratos if they consider my proposal or not

Thank you again :)

Ответить

Войдите, чтобы ответить.