Greasy Fork is available in English.

Discuții » Cerere de creare

Remove the word "Youtube" from video title

§
Postat în: 21-05-2015

Remove the word "Youtube" from video title

I need a simple script which can remove the word "- Youtube" from the video title so that when I download the video, the youtube doesn't show up in the file names.

wOxxOmMod
§

Maybe you'll like FoxReplace addon better?

§

document.title = document.title.replace("- Youtube", "");

§
Postat în: 22-05-2015

Please make the script.

§
Postat în: 27-05-2015

Does changing the document title work? You can test using Firefox's web console (Developer menu or Ctrl+Shift+k for Windows). In the box at the bottom next to the caret, try pasting the code from the above post and press Enter to run it:

You should be able to see the difference on the tab (hover) or title bar (if displayed). But does that fix the name when downloaded?

§
Postat în: 31-05-2015
Does changing the document title work? You can test using Firefox's web console (Developer menu or Ctrl+Shift+k for Windows). In the box at the bottom next to the caret, try pasting the code from the above post and press Enter to run it:

You should be able to see the difference on the tab (hover) or title bar (if displayed). But does that fix the name when downloaded?

No, it doesn't change the title.

§
Postat în: 01-06-2015

I assume you are using an add-on for downloading a video, since I don't recall ever seeing a save button for a video on YouTube. Where does the add-on get the title from? That would be what you need to edit in the page. Maybe you can get the add-on changed instead of hacking the page?

§
Postat în: 17-06-2015

I use a userscript to download videos from YouTube: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/1317-download-youtube-videos-as-mp4

And I don't believe this puts " - YouTube" in the filename, so problem solved? :)

(PS your above approach might have failed because it's "YouTube" not "Youtube".)

§
Postat în: 23-07-2015

I would also like to see a script removing - YouTube or similar which I receive on Internet Download Manager downloads.

Postează un raspuns

Autentifică-te pentru a posta un răspuns.