Youtube HD

Select a youtube resolution and resize the player.

< Feedback on Youtube HD

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2018-10-16
Edited: 2018-10-16

Script doesn't work sometimes in Safari

Hello,

The script seems doesn't work sometimes in Safari (player not always fitting to the edge of the browser, just regular player size). Even after reinstalling. I use Tampermonkey 4.7.

Could you please make an update?

Thanks in advance!

adisibAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-10-16

Thanks for informing me of the issue. I went to download Safarai, but it seems that Windows is no longer supported and Apple does not list any downloads for the Windows version of Safari anymore. I don't have a Mac, thus I am unable to test for the issue right now. I will try to borrow someone else's Macbook to test, but it will take some time.

In the meantime, could you describe the issue in more detail? In addition, it would be helpful to know whether you are using the new youtube layout or are forcing the old youtube layout, as well as listing any changes you may have made to the settings of this userscript.

§
Posted: 2018-10-17

So, i'm using the new layout of YouTube (night mode). No changes were added to the settings of userscript. Just default settings after installing.

It's seems ok today, no issues. Moreover, yesterday i tested the userscript in Chrome, and it didn't work there too. Video player was in regular size (like no HD Youtube userscript installed) even after cleared cache.

Maybe YouTube testing some new features or css styles sometimes...But now all is ok in both browsers.

Thank you for your awesome work!

adisibAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-10-18

Ok, good to hear it is working for you now. Youtube does sometimes roll out some users into testing groups, and the day you submitted this issue youtube went completely down for over an hour, so they were likely having website issues.

If the problem does come back or you run into any other problems with my script, do let me know.

Sign in to post a reply.