Eza's Tumblr Scrape

Creates a new page showing just the images from any Tumblr

< Eza's Tumblr Scrape 피드백

질문/댓글

§
작성: 2014-12-26

Thumbnails

Any chance the scraper can ignore the lower size images later on?

Ezalias개발자
§
작성: 2014-12-27

When viewing images, image size is normally as large as Tumblr allows. "Thumbnails" are still full-size images. Your browser shows them small to make scrolling easier. Saving them will save full-size files. Click "Switch to full-size images" to display them in their original size.

If low-resolution images are appearing when higher resolutions are available then it's a problem with the browser loading many big images, and might be solved by lowering the ?pagesatonce number. That would show fewer Tumblr pages on each scraper page.

It is possible I don't understand your request. Can you phrase it differently?

§

Get this http://i.imgur.com/yukKEoK.png from the scraper and i dont want links from lower res ones if there is a higher one. Lowering the pagesatonce dont chance this.

Ezalias개발자
§

Unfortunately that's not likely to change. The scrape-whole-site page is only guessing that a higher resolution exists. To know which low-resolution image links can be removed, the scraper would have to test every single link. On some Tumblr pages this could be 30,000 images on one page. This would be very slow and might be seen as by Tumblr's servers as a DDOS attack.

The whole-site scraper was designed as a backup tool, since Tumblr artists often disappear. The "Browse Images" page was made for opening links in tabs. Do you not like that page? I'm considering how to improve the text links if that's how you use them, but it's not simple.

댓글 남기기

댓글을 남기려면 로그인하세요.