YouTube Links

Download YouTube videos. Video formats are listed at the top of the watch page. Video links are tagged so that they can be downloaded easily.

< Feedback on YouTube Links

Question/comment

q1k
§
Posted: 29.07.2020
Edited: 29.07.2020

Please make a script to only show the highest video quality available in the thumbnails immediately.. I don't like to have to wait for the quality label to show.

That's all that I need. Thank you.

nhyoneAuthor
§
Posted: 04.08.2020
Edited: 04.08.2020

Hi, I'm sorry to say that there won't be any speedup if I show only the highest video quality. The reason is that I need to load the same information.

Which page are you finding it slow?

For example,
1. Loading YouTube main page
2. Scrolling
3. Searching

etc.

The labels take time to show up because I put in a number of delays to avoid overloading the network (and being blocked by YouTube). Some of them can be tuned.

q1k
§
Posted: 07.08.2020

well, it's too slow to show the label.
and there's no reason to show all of them on hover.
when scrolling down, it takes like a second or two to show it.
btw, the label is all i need.
thanks

nhyoneAuthor
§
Posted: 08.08.2020

I need to load the same data to show the highest quality vs all (on hover), so there is no time savings from there.

The reason to show all on hover (this can be disabled, BTW) is so that you can right-click and save-as without going into the video page itself. ;-)

The reason why it takes 1-2s to show the tag when scrolling is that the script will only fetch data for videos that are visible on-screen. This is to cut down on unnecessary fetches. There are *a lot* of videos on a given page.

This part can be improved, though.

q1k
§
Posted: 10.08.2020

I dont need to save the video, i already have a program that does that.
All i need is the maximum quality label on the thumbnails, and nothing else.

nhyoneAuthor
§
Posted: 22.08.2020

The script now tags a little faster in v2.21. See if it's better for you. :-)

There are two reasons for the slowness, one of which has puzzled me for a long time.

First, the script tags at a rate of 5 per 0.5s. It now tags at 5 per 0.35s, or 30% faster.

Second, I noticed sometimes there are long delays before tagging starts. For example, this happens when you do a search. Why?

Originally I thought they were due to various delays in the script, but upon investigation, I found that the script thought there were many more visible videos, so it was tagging them. They are now all filtered out, so the tagging happens much quicker.

Sign in to post a reply.