Greasy Fork is available in English.

Reddit - Top Comments Preview (old & new design)

Preview to the top comments on Reddit (+ optional auto-load comments and images, auto-hide sidebar)

< Feedback on Reddit - Top Comments Preview (old & new design)

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

AJ
§
Posted: 20.11.2015

Hide/show sidebar toggle missing on post page

The sidebar toggle menu item is present when on the subreddit's page, but not upon entering the comments page of a particular post. Furthermore, the option does not persist if toggled on the subreddit page (i.e. hiding the sidebar when on the subreddit page will not prevent it from returning upon entering a post).

I tried using your older script instead (https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/7307-reddit-hide-sidebar), and the sidebar toggle does appear on the post page, but this script breaks comment loading ("load more comments" never loads additional comments). Both scripts tested with everything else disabled to confirm.

§
Posted: 21.12.2016
Edited: 21.12.2016

I finally managed to fix the old script... it's rather crude, because I have no exact explanation for the fix working... but here's how:

1. open the "manage scripts" thing (basically opening addons tab)
  2. choose "Reddit - Hide Sidebar" settings, then edit script
  3. add parameter true to noConflict call

old/new:

# '$.noConflict();' 
'$.noConflict(true);'

and you're done. Reload the page. Drop the "maintained" version, if that functionality is all you care about (like me).

Check the docs, this allows for two different jquery versions to be loaded at the same time. Seems like that's the case here.

Sign in to post a reply.