Vector Layout For Wikipedia

This script appends ?useskin=vector to any Wikipedia Wiki page you visit. This returns the site to its old default desktop layout before the 2023 redesign.

< Feedback on Vector Layout For Wikipedia

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 18.01.2023

I cannot thank you enough. I know that it's highly likely wikipedia will deprecate vector, making it impossible for certain users to use their site while touting increased accessibility, but until that day comes - thanks. You've got my gratitude. Good work on preserving the mouseover previews, too.

§
Posted: 19.01.2023

Can you make this script work for all Wikiproject websites? And instead of using a simple list, try adding something that detects if the site is a wikiproject website or not. Probably some marker in their code that sets them apart from all other websites. Thanks.

§
Posted: 19.01.2023
Edited: 19.01.2023

I presume that you mean "Wikimedia" instead of "Wikiproject." Yes, that could probably be done by checking for the Wikimedia Foundation Registered Trademark Notice in the copyright footer. However, I see no reason to do so yet since other Wikimedia sites still use the Legacy Vector layout.

Can you make this script work for all Wikiproject websites? And instead of using a simple list, try adding something that detects if the site is a wikiproject website or not. Probably some marker in their code that sets them apart from all other websites. Thanks.

Sign in to post a reply.