[RED/OPS/DIC] Upload Assistant

Accurate filling of new upload/request and group/request edit forms based on foobar2000's playlist selection or web link, offline and online release integrity check, tracklist format customization, featured artists extraction, classical works formatting, online cover art lookup, reporting open requests, form enhancements and more

< Feedback on [RED/OPS/DIC] Upload Assistant

Review: Bad - script does not work

§
Posted: 19.07.2021

I am having problems with this using Tampermonkey (Chrome, on a Mac). The script installs and shows when I upload on OPS, but pasting in track info seems to then fire nothing off. I've tried this on a fair few folders of music, so either I am having very bad luck with matches or something is blocking the system.

Does anyone have some troubleshooting tips I may try?

Thanks!

AnakundaAuthor
§
Posted: 19.07.2021

If you say pasting tracks info and Chrome on Mac, I assume there's foobar2000 or compatible player on Mac.

Make sure that the custom copy format set in your player exactly matches the string from the script description here (expanded on clicking the arrow). If there's full match and no error output, share somewhere the exact text as copied in the player and I'll try to reproduce the issue. Pastebin is suitable as it preserves the control codes. Sharing the content of browser's console (F12 or Ctrl-Shift-I > Console > rightclick > Save as...) after failed run might help too (not required)

§
Posted: 20.07.2021

Thanks. I didn't pick up that I needed to use a specific player. I had assumed Foobar was a generic "placeholder" text for the album :(

I have installed the Mac app now, but I don't see any option to set a custom copy format. I have tried dragging and dropping the selected files into the OPS upload window (with your script running) and also dragging the playlist but nothing "pastes" in.

Is there something else I am missing / not doing? Sorry for adding to your support burden.

AnakundaAuthor
§
Posted: 20.07.2021

Drag&Drop input brings identical data as if copy/pasted so there's no difference in behaviour. Idk. how the preferences dialogue on foobar for Mac is structured, but on Windows the concerned entry is positioned as shown below. If this entry is missing in your foobar version, then pasting the tracklist method can not work. (URL of online source for the album still works as fallback)

§
Posted: 25.07.2021

Hi, there are no comparable configuration options that I can see in the Mac version. Do you know if any other Mac applications are comparable so I can give them a try?

AnakundaAuthor
§
Posted: 25.07.2021

I don't know of any.

§
Posted: 28.07.2021

OK thank you. It seems so far that the script is out of my reach. A shame, as it looks like you've made a very nice thing.

Sign in to post a reply.