Greasy Fork is available in English.

MTurk HIT Database Mk.II

Keep track of the HITs you've done (and more!). Cross browser compatible.

< Feedback on MTurk HIT Database Mk.II

Question/comment

§
Posted: 01.11.2015
Edited: 01.11.2015

Error updating and importing

I just tried the new version in Chrome today. When trying to update, I get "TypeError: (AccessViolation) Database is not defined". When trying to import a csv file, it just keeps running and running. Is there something I am doing wrong? I have attached a screen of the console. And now, when I enable the old Hit DB, it doesn't want to update either. I just get "Please wait: script monkeys are preparing to start working" and it does nothing. I tried the HITDB Fixer but it doesn't help.

feihtalityAuthor
§

I'm not sure how long it's been since you've updated the script, but the internal database version was bumped up on Oct 20. This disrupts all operations on the database until it completes the internal version change. You're getting the AccessViolation because something is blocking the internal update process, e.g. HIT Scraper. If you have HIT Scraper running, close it. Refresh the dashboard and it'll be fine. You'll be able to import afterwards as well.

§
If you have HIT Scraper running, close it. Refresh the dashboard and it'll be fine. You'll be able to import afterwards as well.

Thank you. Scraper must have been the problem. I turned it off and refreshed the page and it started merging database. I had an error with that and it just kept running so I deleted my DB. Refreshed again and tried updating. Got an error with that and many exceeded request rate errors and finally it got stuck updating for 9/27. Refreshed dashboard again, no errors and updated with no problem. Imported CSV with no problem. Works great now!

Just curious ... how did you delete your database?

§
Edited: 01.11.2015
Just curious ... how did you delete your database?

For Chrome, it is stored in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\IndexedDB​\https_www.mturk.com_0.indexeddb.leveldb I haven't been able to import CSV files for some time now in the old HIT DB. I used to backup that folder whenever I had to clear cache in Chrome and then copy it back in .

Sign in to post a reply.