Space-efficient Youtube

AKA: "Wide Youtube", AKA: "Wide video container" - Uses the page space on youtube more efficiently (especially good for high resolutions)

< Commentaires sur Space-efficient Youtube

Avis: OK - le script fonctionne, mais souffre de quelques problèmes

§
Posté le: 18/12/2021

Hi, I like the script it is very useful but the thumbnails on the homepage look like on the image nowadays.There is a huge free space on right side.I did not understand what causes this.Could you fix this problem?Thanks.

§
Posté le: 27/12/2021

line 464: margin: 0 5px 20px 5px;
add: width: calc( 100% / 4 - var(--ytd-rich-grid-item-margin) - .01px )!important;

ine 464 would look like this:
margin: 0 5px 20px 5px; width: calc( 100% / 4 - var(--ytd-rich-grid-item-margin) - .01px )!important;

this "crutch" will increase the size of the thumbnails.

§
Posté le: 27/12/2021

Can reset settings first
or change the parameter

Home page
Video container width

1N07Auteur
§
Posté le: 31/12/2021
Édité le: 31/12/2021

a5653620's "crutch" isn't really necessary as there's already an option to set the video container width from the settings, as he also points out. You can use that to make the thumbnails larger to use the available space.

Now as for a proper fix (i.e. fitting more videos in the empty space), I took a quick look, and unlike other types of video listing pages on YT, the home page uses this more rigid row system which loads a set number of videos on each row. I'm not all that sure I can fix it with just CSS, which I would prefer, or if I can it's more complicated than I have time for right now. That or I'd have to use JS to actually move the videos row-to-row.

So yeah TLDR; It's not an easy fix, so I won't do it, for now. Might look into it later when I have more time.

1N07Auteur
§
Posté le: 03/02/2022

I decided to disable the home page video container width modification by default. Therefore the thumbnail sizes on the home page will be as determined by vanilla YT, unless you turn the option back on from the settings, in which case the videos are sized as set in the options, but the empty space is not properly used.

The problem is only on the home page.

Poster une réponse

Connectez-vous pour poster une réponse.