Greasy Fork is available in English.

Neverwinter gateway - Profession Automation

Automatically selects professions for empty slots

< Feedback on Neverwinter gateway - Profession Automation

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2015/03/27

Alchemy Event

How can I make it so the script for alchemy only makes Aqua Regia? You need 1500 for the companion but when I try to change it myself, it just hangs and doesnt work. Can someone tell what what needs to be edited out so that it only makes these items?

Rotten_mindAuthor
§
Posted: 2015/03/27

My Alchemy is level 17 and I want it make Aquaregia only, (refine is fallback)

here is normal profile

17: [ "Alchemy_Tier2_Aquaregia", "Alchemy_Tier3_Refine_Basic", "Alchemy_Tier3_Gather_Components"],

here continues normal profile
§
Posted: 2015/03/28
Edited: 2015/03/28

Did you include the change that makes it walk down the levels if a list for the current level doesn't exist? (I haven't looked....) If so, then no matter what level your Alchemy is, you could use:

definedTask["Alchemy"] = {
    taskListName: "Alchemy",
    taskName: "Alchemy",
    level: {
        0: ["Alchemy_Tier1_Aquavitae"],
        13: ["Alchemy_Tier2_Aquaregia"],
    },
};

... then if your Alchemy on a given character is <13, you'll just need to periodically move the Aqua Vitae that one makes to a character with Alchemy >= 13.

(hmm... also, if you have a character with Alchemy < 4, you'll want to include the beginning of the original list, and/or maybe the Tier1_Gather/Refine tasks)

Rotten_mindAuthor
§

Did you include the change that makes it walk down the levels if a list for the current level doesn't exist? (I haven't looked....) If so, then no matter what level your Alchemy is, you could use:

definedTask["Alchemy"] = {
    taskListName: "Alchemy",
    taskName: "Alchemy",
    level: {
        0: ["Alchemy_Tier1_Aquavitae"],
        13: ["Alchemy_Tier2_Aquaregia"],
    },
};

... then if your Alchemy on a given character is <13, you'll just need to periodically move the Aqua Vitae that one makes to a character with Alchemy >= 13.

(hmm... also, if you have a character with Alchemy < 4, you'll want to include the beginning of the original list, and/or maybe the Tier1_Gather/Refine tasks)

Your changes are in script,

I switched only "mass" task to "Basic" because not all users have 36 Purple workers for "Weaponsmithing", ;D.
(I have 9x slot open and 9x4 Purple workers is really fast for weaponsmithing mass tasks)

Lol! Cool. Though I don't think you need that many! ;-) I'd have to go back and check, but I think even 4 white workers gives some advantage.

§

Mass gathering will give you 800xp for 8 hours. In all professions it's better than using not the mass gathering.
But the script does the crafting from the low levels, so you do 25 min gathering 30xp + 25min crafting basic materails 30xp and then crafting some sword or bow for 400xp or 480 xp one hour
so in two hours you do (30 + 30 + 480) -> in 8 hours = 2160xp vs the 800xp only from gathering

§

It depends on the profession, but for Weaponsmithing, here are the numbers. The format is [XP]/[time in minutes] -\> [XP/minute]. Ofc you only compare the "basic" to the "mass," because once you make the raw materials, you do the same item crafting in all cases.

"Weaponsmithing_Tier1_Refine_Basic" 7/15 -\> 0.4666
Weaponsmithing_Tier1_Refine_Basic_Mass 50/360 (6h) -\> 0.1388
"Weaponsmithing_Tier1_Gather_Basic" 8/15 -\> 0.5333
Weaponsmithing_Tier1_Gather_Basic_Mass 50/360 (6h) -\> 0.1388

"Weaponsmithing_Tier2_Refine_Basic" 12/20 -\> 0.6
Weaponsmithing_Tier2_Refine_Basic_Mass 200/420 (7h) -\> 0.48
"Weaponsmithing_Tier2_Gather_Basic" 13/20 -\> 0.65
Weaponsmithing_Tier2_Gather_Basic_Mass 200/420 (7h) -\> 0.48

"Weaponsmithing_Tier3_Refine_Basic" 30/25 -\> 1.2
Weaponsmithing_Tier3_Refine_Basic_Mass 800/480 (8h) -\> 1.66
"Weaponsmithing_Tier3_Gather_Basic" 30/25 -\> 1.2
Weaponsmithing_Tier3_Gather_Basic_Mass 800/480 (8h) -\> 1.66

time / (1 + speedBonus)

360 / (1 + speedBonus) == 93.75
-\> 265% bonus

420 / (1 + speedBonus) == 333.3
-\> 26% bonus

25%:
480 / 1.25 == 384 =\> 800/384 == 2.0833

40%:
480 / (1.4) == 342.86 =\> 800/342.84 == 2.33

50%:
480 / 1.5 == 320 =\> 2.5

100%:
480 / 2 == 240 =\> 800/240 == 3.33

=> So from this, we see that for the Tier3 tasks, you get 1.66 XP/min for the "mass" tasks, but only 1.2 XP/min for the "basic" tasks. (... and that's not case for most of the other professions... iirc the "basic" tasks usually award 2x the XP.)

The other calculations just tell you how much of a bonus you have to have before the "mass" tasks (with 4x worker slots) become more efficient than the "basic" tasks. In most cases, as RM noted, it's prohibitively expensive -- you need bunches of purples. Weaponsmithing is just different that way....

Rotten_mindAuthor
§

@Glowing Crystalline Entity

...those calculations, 0D... there is no doubt that Crystal is right, but human nature allways over run Logic... it is good to point this conversation later.

BTW, did you look this,

https://greasyfork.org/en/forum/discussion/3523/x

I did "for loop" with "try catch" and some other tries but it seems that only way get rid that error is "try catch" and if error then just "reload". (it is really small error and some users get it more often so

I saw that thread, but I haven't looked at the issue in any detail. I have a few more tweaks on tap, though, so if I get them ready to check-in, I'll at least have a quick look at that one.

The first thing I would look for, though -- is whether there's a way to re-load just the data object that's failed, rather than restarting the whole thing.

Rotten_mindAuthor
§
I saw that thread, but I haven't looked at the issue in any detail. I have a few more tweaks on tap, though, so if I get them ready to check-in, I'll at least have a quick look at that one.

The first thing I would look for, though -- is whether there's a way to re-load just the data object that's failed, rather than restarting the whole thing.

Yes, something like that, but it allready failed after catched error, but Im not sure if there is better method for it.

Same thing is when script try start task "infinite" (happens because gateway glitch), this error goes away if "one task is cancelled"(I think task cancel updates data)... else @WloBep re-starter takes over.

...well, those are common errors and they became worse because gateway seems to have more and more lags...

§
It depends on the profession, but for Weaponsmithing, here are the numbers. The format is [XP]/[time in minutes] -\> [XP/minute]. Ofc you only compare the "basic" to the "mass," because once you make the raw materials, you do the same item crafting in all cases.

You should look at your full production cycle, the amount the gather tasks produce is not the same (the crafting ingredients) So the total result in one cycle you is different, you get a different amount of items gathered and with that a total difference in xp gained.

The production of gathered materials is the most important thing in those gathering tasks, you must have the highest efficiency here, because the gather tasks themselves have low yield relative to the item craft tasks.

In mass gathering you get 8+4 items which will allow the crafting of 4 items, 1 hour per item and 480 xp per item. means that in a full gather + craft material + craft item
8 hours + 8 hours + 4 hours = 800xp + 800xp + 1920xp (480*4) = 3520.
this is a 20 hours full cycle.

At the same 20 hours you can make around 5400xp from the smaller task.
The reason for this is the ratio of gathering and crafting. for each crafted item (which is the majority of your XP) you spend more on the item and less on the gathering. And the smaller tasks win because of their gather to craft ratio is better

Good point -- I had forgotten that I was going for a task list that didn't require Residuum (let alone the other green inputs), which was why I was ignoring the item crafting tasks.

(... but the mass task, with "8+4" only allows you to craft 3 things -- say, 2 Greatsword+4s and a Longbow+4. It still works out to favor the "basic" tasks, however....)

Sign in to post a reply.