Opens VLC from streaming sites

< Feedback on Stream to VLC

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2017/12/23
Edited: 2017/12/23

won't open the openload link

Hi there :)
Thank you for the script but i'm not sure why it not works for me.. i did all points, but always i try to open an openload link opera just show me this message

"Opera could not open the link because no application associated with the "vlcs:" protocol was found on your system."

So i checked the troubleshooting and i'm not 100% sure what you mean with this.

"NB. If the script doesn't work check that the VLC path in the .bat file is the same of your computer."

Thanks for your time and hoping for an answer :)

§
Posted: 2018/01/16

Hi, it could be a problem with the protocol or with Opera.

You can try few things:

1) "NB. If the script doesn't work check that the VLC path in the .bat file is the same of your computer."
This means that in the vlc_stream.bat file, at the third line "cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\" " you should check if this is the same path of VLC program on your PC (maybe you have the 64bit version and instead of "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\" the path could be "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\").

2) I don't know how Opera manage custom protocols, other browsers if the custom protocol isn't correctly don't load the page. So maybe just for sure try to use another browser to know where the problem is.

Btw if the browser doesn't ask you to open an external application almost surely is a problem with the protcol, so try to check bat file and make sure that there aren't typos in the registry additions or in the paths.

Hope I helped you, waiting to know if this solved your problem.

Sign in to post a reply.