Mturk ID Copy/Paste

For Amazon Mechanical Turk (Mturk). Places an unobtrusive button on survey pages which provides quick access to copy your mTurk worker ID by copy and paste or drag and drop. This is the UPDATED version of Tjololo's earlier work.

< Feedback on Mturk ID Copy/Paste

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2015-06-14

ID doesn't change in firefox, works great in chrome.

Was having an issue with the ID not updating in chrome but fixed that issue, but I cant seem to figure out what exactly is causing the issue with the script in Firefox because even when this is the only script installed it won't update.

Have two people in the same house that Turk, and we both use the different computers in the house at different times. The problem we are having is that the ID doesn't actually change depending on the person logged in, simply stays the same in Firefox. Is there something that I can change in my copy of the script to get it to work if it isn't something that needs to be changed in an update type deal. Uninstalling it in Firefox for now so that neither of us accidentally uses the wrong ID.

§
Posted: 2015-06-15

I can confirm this. It's a problem with the way Firefox is implemented. Trying to fix this so it doesn't do it anymore would break Chrome side. I would suggest using different profiles on Firefox or, better yet, logging into a separate account on Windows. Using the same profile is only asking for rejections from some of the survey requesters as it is.

Sign in to post a reply.