Change element's background color that is too bright to a light green.
Although there are many similar scripts (http://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/show/114652 , http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/109390) could do the same job, this script has its unique features:
- Determine whether a color should be changed by it's lightness.
- You can add some websites as "long running site". For some websites updating their contents via ajax(e.g. Google Docs / Twitter), NoBrighter can run forever and convert background color periodically.
(Tech note: this feature could be implemented by listening
DOMNodeInserted event, but due to it's bad performance impact, I use
You can edit the script to set your own:
- lightness threshold
- the color to change to
- long running site list (a list of hostnames)
See the config section in the code.
NoBrighter works better with other eye-protection settings and softwares:
1. Set window's background color for Windows:
"Window"="168 215 174"
2. f.lux (or Redshift for Linux)
- changeTransparent should be called on tag, because it can set background-color. fix #1
- Provided other colors, you can uncomment them to use. The number after them is brightness.
- if html or body have set background-color, do not changeTransparent. Fix #2
2013-6-17 The latest version of TamperMonkey don't support "
*", change to "
http://*" and "
2012-8-16 Change transparent body only when in top frame
There could be a transparent iframe in a dark parent frame, in which case the old logic will do wrong
2012-7-19 Remove prependSheet because it may clash with [body bgcolor="XX"]
2012-7-15 Exclude boards.4chan.org
2012-7-14 Use css stylesheet to set body's default background-color
2012-7-12 Version 0.1