Empire Overview

Script for Ikariam 0.7.x, Overview tables for resources, buildings and military inspired by Ikariam Empire Board

< Feedback on Empire Overview

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2019-06-29

Feature suggestion: add city coordinates

I'd like to propose to add the coordinates of each city in the table displayed. It could be aside of the name, or aside of the action points, for example. It would be useful, so you can have a quick view of the coordinates of every city.

I guess it's quite easy to add it, but my knowledge of JavaScript and of the script itself is not enough to modify it by myself, although I've seen that the coordinates are part of the city parameters.

§
Posted: 2019-11-10

Adding extra info (as the coordinates) on the board, it would expand the table too much I think. Space + brackets + coordinates is max 7 characters and I think is too much. On the other hand, this can be added as a tooltip on the name of the city. Another option would be to add this as an option, so the player can decide, if he wants to display it or not.

§
Posted: 2020-05-17
Edited: 2020-05-20

I would be totally in to add this as an option, as many others already exist. Even though it might expand the table, I still think it would be an useful option to have.

§
Posted: 2020-10-03
Hallo,
I have just added the coordinates features you have suggested.
https://prnt.sc/usek3e
The problem is that the script has more than 200 changes + I cannot upload it here (they don't allow js file to be uploaded) + I cannot isolate the this new feature changes.
:-)
§
Posted: 2020-12-06
Edited: 2020-12-07
Hello, sorry for the late reply, I haven't seen it till now :(

That looks great!! To upload it, why don't you try to zip de file, or put it in a simple txt, and upload it that way? Or maybe upload it to some other platform as mega.nz or whatever?

Looking forward to see it!!
§
Posted: 2020-12-07
The zip files are not allowed too.
As simple text, the code is more than a 1MB and it cannot be uploaded.
Free cloud services delete the files after some time, so I don't think it's a good idea.
I will try to figure out some other way.
If I find anything, I will send info.
§
Posted: 2020-12-07
What about splitting it into 2-3 smaller text files?

Btw, mega.nz does not delete files as long as they are in your account... and you have 50GB for free so 1MBish is manageable I think ;)
§
Posted: 2020-12-10
Well, I don't have an account in any cloud service and I don't intent to create one to the near future, sorry.
Splitting the code in smaller text files is not a good way to deal with code.
Furthermore, text files cannot be uploaded here either and just coping the code in here usually it is scrambled.
§
Well, I'm trying to give you any solution that comes up to my mind... Maybe you could create a fork as another script here in greasyfork, or upload it to a code sharing site like GitHub or similar (there can be contributor, push requests,... which is cool for future improvements)...

I honestly don't know which option is better or which suits you better to share it, but I'd appreciate if you could share it anyhow soon :(
§
I know that you try to help and I really apreciate it.
I have already made a suggestion on the feedback of the GreaseFork.
For me, this is the only place, where I can upload sth, as I used to do it in the past.
If this feature come back in action, I will upload it here.
§
If there is no update of the script based on your suggestion let's say in the next week, I would appreciate if you could at least upload it to any free cloud services, even if it's temporary. If needed, I have an account in the one I suggested before (mega.nz), so I wouldn't mind uploading it there myself. And if you prefer not to be uploaded there, I won't, but I'd appreciated to be able to have access to it, so I can implement it for myself :)
§
We will see what we can do.
§
Posted: 2021-01-02
Is there any update on that? :)
§
Posted: 2021-01-02
Happy New Year.
No, unfortunately!
§
Posted: 2021-02-23
§
That's nice! Thanks @lokurapc! :))

@panos78, would you mind uploading the last changes, including the coordinates (and if there is any other), to the GitHub repository? :)
§
I tried to upload but Uploads are disabled
§
I don't really know how to use Github.
Anyway, I tried to create a new file with the code I have created.
Furthermore, I applied for a pull request.
I hope this is the right way to do it.
§
The correct way is to:
- clone the repository into you PC (git clone https://github.com/IkariamPro/empire-overview.git)
- create a new branch for development: git checkout -b development (only this time, next times it won't be necessary)
- modify whatever you want in your local cloned files (you can copy/paste your own script in the original one, or just copy/paste the changes, whatever you prefer)
- commit the changes:
git add .
git commit -m "new feature: coordinates" (or whatever message between " ")
git push --set-upstream origin development (only the 1st time, after creating the branch. Next ones, just git push)

- finally, go to the github repository, and create a pull request as you did, merging the development branch into the master branch

It seems hard but it's not so much, it's quite mechanic :). And I guess @lokurapc can help you out (I say him cause he's the owner of the repository)
§
But thank you anyway for trying! :)

I hope @lokurapc can merge both versions :)
§
The process looks a bit complicated for me...sorry!
§
Posted: 2021-02-28
@panos78 I just wrote you down the commands you have to put and everything step by step... 😅

@lokurapc, if you can check at the pull request and merge it, to help panos with it, it would be great :)
§
Posted: 2021-02-28
@jabatrox You are right but it is a process I hadn't done before and I am not in the best condition to consentrate and complete it.
Let's hope @lokurapc will look it through.
Have a look at the code here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IkariamPro/empire-overview/8b55b63e52c1b8686c86b8f695ec86cf64eb9559/empire_overview.user_rev1.js

Sign in to post a reply.