Neverwinter gateway - Profession Automation

Automatically selects professions for empty slots

< Feedback on Neverwinter gateway - Profession Automation

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2015-07-06
Edited: 2015-07-06

Script finding character that does not exist?

For some reason the script is "finding" a character that does not exist as my first character name. Just happened when I added a 15th character to my roster, and the whole script is hanging up as a result of not being able to go to that character page. Thanks for any help!

*Edit: I changed the character name to be the same as the name of my first character(So now my first character is listed twice), and it got the script running again, still wondering why it found a character that doesn't exist though?

§

Do you by any chance have a character with a single quote in it's name? Iirc the script escapes the single quotes in the character name, while the gateway does not.

§

No, nothing odd going on with my character names. The script is actually showing 16 characters instead of 15, and left to its own devices is completely making up a name for that extra character, and putting it first.

So for instance if my character names are Lancelot, Sir Lancelot, Arthur, Bedivere, Galahad, King Arthur, etc. The list is showing up on its own as:

Regdar Fielderson
Lancelot
Sir Lancelot
Arthur
Bedivere
etc.

And I am changing it to:
Lancelot
Lancelot
Sir Lancelot
Arthur
Bedivere
etc.

to get it to work.

Rotten_mindAuthor
§

Yes, I have few users reported "non-existed" characters, it must be gateway side error because script just look gateway "datamodel" and take information needed.

...and way you tried to FIX it is good way to find what is missing, script dont care if same character is twice on list, not sure how it look tasklist if there multiple instances same char.

ps. You may try "Reset All" -button, it clears all settings and names, but not password/username. After reset it should 99% get all char.names way as it need and char.count too.

§

Tried to do a "Reset All" and it didn't work, reinstalling the script even made it come up with the same character list. Only modifying the character list after it came up with the wrong one seemed to be a solution.

I'll look through the code a little later and see if I can figure out where it's picking up the extra character, I just didn't have time to do a thorough investigation before work this morning.

§

I'm curious, did you try the other script version ? Does it find the chars correctly ? (It wouldn't save the duplicate named chars settings correctly though or wouldn't work because of that)

You can find the not so frequently updated page here:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/9812-neverwinter-gateway-professions-robot

And the updated:
https://github.com/Phr33d0m/NW-Profession-Bot

With direct code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Phr33d0m/NW-Profession-Bot/master/main.js

You can't use both scripts at the same time though.

Rotten_mindAuthor
§

Both use same core what is originally done by Bunta/Mustex, if you need statistics and more options you may test other script and because it is made from this script it uses same "saving locations" (its not changed) so reinstall is good option.

For me because I use multiple browsers to run script, its better stay with simple script and get less "stats".

It is just flawors, both do same task and keep professions running.

ps. MAC-NW did names extraction and Im not sure if still same on both script, but if there is character what not exist on your account then error is in Gateway database.

§

It is not the same on both scripts, and no, it's probably not a gateway error.

The other script was not done from this script..... Though both have the same origin.

Also the difference is not only "stats":
Per char settings.
Per slot task controls.
Profession Profiles xp,rp,ad, gathering, leveling and so on.
Custom profiles interface.
Item Tracker.
The save/load settings rewritten so it will be much better even on slow machines.
SCA visits integrated.
Full inventory wont stop the script.

More stuff, some bugs included & then stats.

Rotten_mindAuthor
§

IDK, what you mean, but check old links and discussion, "Keep it simple-stupid and you can live with it"...

https://greasyfork.org/en/forum/vanilla/discussion/bookmark/2544/ZMQZXANJZKJW?Target=discussion%2F2544%2Fmustex-bunta-s-neverwinter-browser-bot-legacy-continues-here

and original script before Bunta has gone M.I.A,

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/771-neverwinter-gateway-professions-robot/feedback

More stuff, more things to update... I refused that big change and kept original script as simple as it is and that way I can keep my promise not go M.I.A without good notice... Neverwinter is anyway fading fast and so does script users(invidual users, farmers gains numbers), :D.

§
Posted: 2015-07-07

This happend to me too, i found the only way to get the script to conintue working as normal is to set the first and 2nd character names to be identicle. So if your characters name is Bob,
Character 1 = Bob
Character 2 = Bob
Character 3 = whatever, etc.

then it works as it normally would :)

Sign in to post a reply.