Neverwinter gateway - Profession Automation

Automatically selects professions for empty slots

< Feedback on Neverwinter gateway - Profession Automation

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2015-06-07

Script getting paused after SCA

I run the script fine, but sometimes it gets stuck on "Sword Coast Adventures" and the script somehow pauses itself. It runs just fine, i leave it to do its work and sometimes when i check up on it the SCA page is open and the script is paused (its icon in the top-right corner is the one of the "play" button, as if the "pause" button has been pressed) but i have not paused it.
Happens randomly, as far as i can tell.

Rotten_mindAuthor
§
Edited: 2015-06-07

Common -issue, Disable SCA -rolls.

Originally SCA needed pause so it can do rolls, but now script checks if it has time to run whole SCA rolls, so I will remove whole "Paused" from SCA -part, but I just testing.

Vendoring and AD transfers also pauses -script and they cause sometimes script drop offline.

If you go AFK for long period, you need turn all uneeded -features off and find external script what start/stop/restart browser per 2 -6 hour. That way you keep your self online, I mean AFK weeks, xD.

I use myself APBI, because it is better for long "stand alone" run, this script is good if you need level professions and tidy up stuff... and like all browsers do it crashes too.

Rotten_mindAuthor
§

...and about reporting...

Look this thread and learn how to report script function failures, xD,

https://greasyfork.org/en/forum/discussion/4481/x

§

AH i wonder if that is why a few times i have come back to the login page for the gateway, and the script was paused.. i thought it might be some sort of failsafe in the code..

Rotten_mindAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-06-08

I use SCA -rolls, run 20 x instances, my secondary PC has hardware problems and still script"pause" occurs only few times per week.

This case is now again closed.

Script still working, not contain malware or other harmfull parts. User can turn off features what may not work their computer setup.

I remove "pause" from SCA -rolls on next update and look if I can use "Mutation" -observer for other functions what needs "pause" for WAI -operations.

Meanwhile, there is no need FIX things what works,

Cheers.

§

ok, thanks, sorry for rating, didn't mean to offend you

so, next script update will check whether it has enought time for SCA? How much time will you prepare for SCA?

also, is it true you are working on a feature for the script to play SCA adventures?

Rotten_mindAuthor
§
ok, thanks, sorry for rating, didn't mean to offend you

so, next script update will check whether it has enought time for SCA? How much time will you prepare for SCA?

also, is it true you are working on a feature for the script to play SCA adventures?

Not offending, xD.

...but there is few "one shotters" who claim that that "its not working" and I use this script myself 24/7 so... maybe I was too strict, ;D.

Yes, there is way to run Full SCA, but its highly unstable and incompleted.

I used it 24/7 and with daily checks it worked, but I cant add it to this script because it can be really bad (I mean stucks and some task failures may occur).

SCA also produces allmost useless "trash" now, look AH prices with "loyal" -search word to see it.

Module for SCA is part from this Github,

https://github.com/LaskonSoftware/NWGatewayAutomation

§
Posted: 2015-06-18

I have a slight problem in this area as well, with the update to do auto SCA it has been causing much bigger problems for me, I have to do my SCA manually. if during a hour and time that the browser auto refreshes - ex 10:29 am and the gateway is cycling SCA, even though the thing shows pause state, the browser will refresh and remain paused after refresh, recommend that the refresh setting be canceled for the times if on pause state.

code in question:
var reload_hours = [2, 6, 10, 14, 18, 22, 23]; // logout and reload every three hours - 2:29 - 6:29 - 10:29 - 14:29 - 18:29 - 22:29 - 23:29

also my page is refreshing very often, it refreshes about 3 times per hour now, idk why.

suggest changing the SCA counter to yes or no for today's SCA cycle, I'd like the ability to set a time for it to run, ex 10:29 AM, in my time. also it should not cycle SCA again for 24hrs, maybe have it check to see if it has run SCA today, if not check every 2hrs if the SCA counter shows no. if SCA counter shows yes, then it will not check again to run SCA till the time set for next SCA. suggest the SCA counter not change from no to yes until it has cycled every toon.

Rotten_mindAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-06-19

Well, SCA is selectable option so it can be turned off and most cases it works as intended is not then better turn it of.

Anyway, SCA will not give enough rewards for troubles it may cause if not work properly on your environment.

Reload hours are just for safety(script might get stuck).

Reload may occur if there is error in webpage. Script has some error detection function and if conditions are met, then script reload... so it may happen often or if "Autoreload" is disabled and internet/Gateway/browser/Tampermonkey works perfectly then it never reload, ;).

§

i backed up my previous script and reverted back to it because of the constant reloading of the pages, i have made heavy modifications to the previous script and even implemented some changes from this new release, the public version doesn't seem to work properly for me in it's current state with only changes to what tasks the professions do. with the "old" script it doesn't have auto SCA implemented, i have found it a little difficult to track all the changes made to make the auto SCA work, so at this time i have to do it manually with my script, i realize that my comments regarding my script are not relevant to this build release, but it is based on the release right after mod 6 was released and works flawlessly for me. as a result when i updated and i do that manually so that i can keep my previous version in case something like this happens so i can revert.
just trying to give you some suggestions and feedback on the auto SCA that was implemented and hope that once refined it works better, for me at this time it does not work as implemented. my apologies for being long winded in this comment.

Rotten_mindAuthor
§

No problem, when script detect stuck or error it reloads, if user use SCA -rolls then it complete SCA on given time.

...and yes, it is allways best to pick version what contains features needed.

Sign in to post a reply.