Turkmaster (Mturk)

A page-monitoring web app for Mturk (Mechanical Turk) designed to make turking more efficient. Easily monitor mturk search pages and requesters and Auto-Accept the HITs you missed.

< Feedback on Turkmaster (Mturk)

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2017-12-22
Edited: 2017-12-23

Possible Fix for Watchers Stopping on PRE's, Full Queue and 'No more HITs available'

Not sure if others have reported this bug or not, but TM for me has been throwing an error in these cases:

• PRE's
  • Full HIT queue
  • 'No more HITs available'

What's strange is the behavior seems to have changed since last night as far as the wrong data that was being consumed. Nonetheless, here's how I patched it. I am unable to test extensively at this point but it seems to fix the issues.

TurkMaster around line 2407, in the Watcher.prototype.parseNewHit method:

replace this

if (result.results) {
    return; // No more HITs available
  }

with

// Mturk now returns a message object on errors (ie {message: 'Accepted maximum hits/ PRE's/no more hits etc.'})
  // We need to check for and return.
  if (result.results || result.message) {
  }

or even safer throw in a type check (i swear i've seen a result that was xml at some point)

if (typeof result !== 'object' || result.message || result.results) {
  }

thanks!

§
Posted: 2017-12-25

thank you so much

DonovanMAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-12-28

Thanks a bunch, @DjBonadoobie! I've added your fix to the latest update.

§
Edited: 2017-12-28

Thank you @DjBonadoobie and Donovan for working on this. After update Turkmaster is not showing up, I have tried restarting everything, is there something simple I am missing? I also tried reinstalling.

DonovanMAuthor
§

Oh, didn't see your message until just now. Taking a look now.

§

Thanks so much, sorry, just replied to your message in the other thread, seem to be hopping between threads, sorry for the confusion.

DonovanMAuthor
§

@"Devin Doucet" thanks for the heads up - should be working now. I think it was a bad copy/paste. Sorry about that!

§

Everything seems to be working now. Thank you very much. Back to work.

DonovanMAuthor
§

Awesome, no problem. Good luck!

Sign in to post a reply.