YouTube - Search Results Cleaner

Hides most of the random, unrelated videos which YouTube injects into search results, but still allows you to access them. This script gathers videos from categories like "People also watched" and "For you" and collapses them into thin boxes on-screen so they won't distract from actual search results. Hover the mouse over these boxes to show their contents.

< Feedback on YouTube - Search Results Cleaner

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2023-12-13

I have been using this script for months on Firefox and Chromium. The only requirement is a button to keep the section expanded because when you hover over a shorts video in the box, the box closes on itself but video preview stays open like this.

lednergAuthor
§
Posted: 2024-01-11

Since this is only a CSS stylesheet and not actually JavaScript, I'm very limited in terms of controlling the boxes or the behavior of the video previews. Really my only option is to prevent the video previews from appearing in the boxes, since that is what's causing the problem. I've uploaded a new version which does just that. The previews still play everywhere else, just not within the boxes. I know it's not a perfect solution, but the way YouTube has structured their site makes it impossible to do much else, especially since this is just a stylesheet. Everything is fully commented in case you want to undo this change.

§
Posted: 2024-01-18
Edited: 2024-01-18

That last change completely broke the script.

lednergAuthor
§

Alright, I'm done with the way Greasyfork supposedly "auto-converts" stylesheets into userscripts, because it's obviously garbage. I'm disabling it. If people want to install stylesheets, then they should be using Stylus.

§

It does say install as user style on the green button but have no idea what's the issue.

§
Posted: 2024-01-19

Oh, you turned into user style. Got it.

Sign in to post a reply.