Daymap Graphics

Allows Daymap to be customised.

< Feedback on Daymap Graphics

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2022-05-13

Perhaps add a dark mode to this(if so please do change the logo to "NightMap")?
Or maybe some more themes(like the evil mode)
I think you should remove the mobile background (when you inspect it shows up(it is a separate layer).
Or maybe give an option of changing the colours of the background such as the banner and change the logo to their specified link.

I so far enjoyed it and messed around with Daymap Graphics, I highly recommend (as I said before)

apate98Author
§

Hello dyang32! Thank you for your feedback. NightMap sounds like a great idea, but it might take some time to implement, since I currently have no reliable way to get the logo online where it is possible to access. I will add an option to change the logo when NightMap is implemented.
Evil mode is not a theme, rather, more of a fun Easter egg or feature, but I might add some themes like it, such as NightMap.

Although I could add a feature to change the logo, this will not be easy as the dimensions need to be hardcoded. For instance, the currently existing logo change from the default opaque logo to the transparent one found on the Daymap Portal page required a significant amount of trial and error in order to get the dimensions right:
$(".logo").css("margin-top", "-1.5px");
$(".logo").css("margin-left", "43px");
$(".logo").css("width", "122px");

and
$(".logo").attr("src", "https://portal-beta.daymap.net/daymapidentity/logo.png");
It may be possible to allow the user to input the dimensions, but this requires more work on the side of the user, and I may not implement it unless this idea generates significant traction, or if I make an advanced settings section.

It would be helpful were you to send me a picture of the NightMap logo that you have made with the background removed, then I would be able to implement it into Daymap Graphics.

I am unsure of what you mean by banner and mobile background. Could you please elaborate?

§

I can't provide a transparent image but I can send you the source.
The banner I am referring to is the banner on top of the web page that screams at you DAYMAP. There is a secondary one for mobile (I got it from the name of the inspect function) and is triggered when you use inspect. This is separate as if you delete it the other banner (original) will still be there.

I think you can remove the background with word but I am not sure how to make it transparent ): as I made it in MSPaint.
I understand that it might be a bit challenging as I am not expecting it soon.
Thank you for making this wonderful modification to DayMap.

apate98Author
§
Posted: 2022-05-24

Hello dyang32! Thank you for elaborating.

I can't provide a transparent image but I can send you the source.

I will attempt to remove the background from your NightMap logo and post it here so that it can be accessed easily. This is easy to do using Adobe Photoshop.

The banner I am referring to is the banner on top of the web page that screams at you DAYMAP. There is a secondary one for mobile (I got it from the name of the inspect function) and is triggered when you use inspect. This is separate as if you delete it the other banner (original) will still be there.

I assume the banner you refer to is the header. I intend to allow changing its colour soon, but that may come with the next update. The div with class header-mobile (which I assume is what you refer to by mobile background) does not show up or impede usage, so there is no purpose in removing it. Also, judging by its class name, it is vital for people who access Daymap from mobile devices. Removing this may remove functionality. Deleting the .header div does not cause the .header-mobile div to appear, and deleting .header-mobile wouldn't cause there to be any reason for .header to disappear. .header-mobile also has CSS property "display" set to "none", therefore, there should not be any reason for it to appear.

Could you please elaborate on for what reason the div with class header-mobile should be removed?

Sign in to post a reply.