Hide Youtube left sidebar items

Adds a list of check-boxes to the bottom-most of the left sidebar for toggling visibility. (items that can be hidden are: Explore, Subscriptions, Subscriptions list, Library, History, Your videos, Watch later, More from Youtube)

< Feedback on Hide Youtube left sidebar items

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2023-07-12

Works well, but sometimes if you turn it off for some reason then want to turn it back on, it will take some reloads of the page unlike other scripts I've tried for Youtube, but it's not a deal breaker. Works better than uBlock Origin because hiding some tabs will lead to all elements on the left sidebar being gone unless you want to go through the DOM inspector in the logging file.

I would like to suggest to make the text more readable on Youtube's dark mode, as I can only see the text if I highlight all of the choices. Maybe a gray or red so it's more readable if possible.

§
Posted: 2023-07-12

Okay, the suggestion is basically negated if you do a bit of research on CSS. For people not too tech savvy, adding "background-color: insert color name or hex #" changes the background and adding "color: insert color name or hex #" changes the color of the text. You put these in line 101-109 at the end of tag.

Sign in to post a reply.