Twitter: view more replies and remove useless sections

View more replies and remove useless sections from twitter

< Feedback on Twitter: view more replies and remove useless sections

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2023-06-06

It works, yes, but causes SEVERE performance issues, lengthy loading of media and more replies, and frequently uses 100% of the CPU.

§

The cause of the problem appears to be the "View More Twitter Replies" portion of it (ran the two other scrips in the description instead of this one for a test, performance ALSO caved badly, until I removed the "View More Twitter Replies" script).

max44Author
§

You'd better not use my script together with these 2 other scripts, as mine is a replacement for them.

I've checked behaviour of my script in different languages and have not found the described issues. If you still observe them, please give me the following details:
- url of example problem page
- language you use
- your browser name and version
- your script addon: Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey, etc.

§
Edited: 2023-06-06

I know, I used those two instead of your script to be able to find more accurately which is the cause, if it's one or the other. Turns out that whatever you have for "View More Twitter Replies" in your script is what is causing performance issues.

The issue happens in the Home timeline in English with Firefox 113.0.2 64-Bit (updating to 114.0 soon) and with Tampermonkey.

EDIT: Also tested out with only your script and nothing else running... Still got the performance issues.

max44Author
§
Posted: 2023-06-07

I have the same setup as yours, but do not observe any performance issues. Let's do the following:
1. Update the script to version 2.0.3 and check performance.
2. If it is still bad, please downgrade the script to version 1.8.9 and check performance: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/429224-twitter-view-more-replies-and-remove-useless-sections?version=1138827

§

It seems to have been fixed with 2.0.3, yes. If it ever happens again, I'll let you know.

max44Author
§

So, my blind guess worked. Yes, please let me know about any issues.

Sign in to post a reply.