Tabview Youtube

Make comments and lists into tabs for YouTube Videos

< Feedback on Tabview Youtube

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2023-05-07

The feature to remove duplicate information does not work as expected.

[tyt] modern-info-duplicate (r, b1, b2) = (0, 0, 0) Failed

Also, the feature to display the full channel name and the number of subscribers is not working.

§

The feature to remove duplicate information does not work as expected.

[tyt] modern-info-duplicate (r, b1, b2) = (0, 0, 0) Failed

Also, the feature to display the full channel name and the number of subscribers is not working.

Yes. Sometimes it does not work. I was just afraid that it might remove the information which is different from the original information. I do not have better idea to determine the information content right now. Just ignore it.

What do you mean? Can you please give some screenshots? I know that YouTube's design was also changed a bit for that part, but not sure what is their final decision. They just focus on English Layout and ignore other languages. Like Japanese, those words become Katakana which are too long for display.

§

I think that information removal can be improved at this moment. Will do later.

§

I think that information removal can be improved at this moment. Will do later.

Fixed. Please update to 4.7.0

§

> Also, the feature to display the full channel name and the number of subscribers is not working.

Ah. I got it. Will fix later

§

> Also, the feature to display the full channel name and the number of subscribers is not working.

Ah. I got it. Will fix later

Fixed in v4.7.7

§
Posted: 2023-05-08

Is the following style rule necessary?
It stretches the circular background of #voice-search-button and making the tooltip not display correctly.

ytd-masthead>#container .style-scope.ytd-masthead {
    contain: layout style;
    /* experimental */
}

Like Japanese, those words become Katakana which are too long for display.

The join button is still in Japanese.

§
Posted: 2023-05-09
Edited: 2023-05-09

Updated. See v4.7.42

It stretches the circular background of #voice-search-button and making the tooltip not display correctly. fixed.

• I forgot the reason to add ytd-masthead>#container .style-scope.ytd-masthead anyway.

The join button is still in Japanese.

• I give up that approach. Just keep as original lanuage.

Revised something for that channel name display.

§
Posted: 2023-05-10
Edited: 2023-05-10

I am so glad that I have figured out a prefect solution for fixing the rubbish design of the flexible menu toolbar. (v4.7.45)
Now it is fully responsive to the layout change and the channel name hovering.

Changing Japanese Button Text is no longer required.

§
Posted: 2023-05-10
  • The buttons overlap when the width of the browser window is too small. (In single column mode)
  • Sometimes there isn't enough space below #actions to display tooltip. (e.g. when using theatre mode)
§
Posted: 2023-05-11
Edited: 2023-05-11

Updated to v4.7.47

• button overlap fixed. Just follow latest YouTube design that the buttons are in the separate line. ytd-watch-metadata[actions-on-separate-line]

• for theatre mode, it is now fixed at 0px away from the bottom edge. No better solution. At least the user can use the tooltips.

§
Just follow latest YouTube design that the buttons are in the separate line.

• If you use justify-content: flex-end;, won't it look weird when there is no member button (join button)?

for theatre mode, it is now fixed at 0px away from the bottom edge.

• Using theatre mode is just one example of this problem. There are also cases where tooltip is not displayed in two column mode.

No better solution. At least the user can use the tooltips.

• Why not make the tooltip appear above the button, like the tooltip of the channel name.
    I see that your style rule used to include transform: translateY(-100%);, did you ditch that option?
§
Just follow latest YouTube design that the buttons are in the separate line.

• If you use justify-content: flex-end;, won't it look weird when there is no member button (join button)?

for theatre mode, it is now fixed at 0px away from the bottom edge.

• Using theatre mode is just one example of this problem. There are also cases where tooltip is not displayed in two column mode.

No better solution. At least the user can use the tooltips.

• Why not make the tooltip appear above the button, like the tooltip of the channel name.
    I see that your style rule used to include transform: translateY(-100%);, did you ditch that option?

1. if there is only few buttons, it is also weird no matter flex-end or flex-start.
2. This is related to how YouTube position the tooltips. I did not dig out its mechanism. It is similar to what we discussed before for YouTube's dialog position (not yet login dialog)
3. I tried but does not work. It uses `inset` to set the position. I can fix the bottom or top to make it appear, but the position will no longer follow the button position.

If you find out a better way to do it, you can let me know.
At this moment, I cannot find a better way to deal with it. YouTube's layouting system is just shitty. Poor design.
Then it break up the entire coordinate calculation.

Might be re-do the entire Tabview Youtube can find the solution.
But I would not spend such a huge time to just fix the tooltip.

§

for tooltip, just found a better way. Please update to 4.8.3

If you don't like it, you might counter propose any possible solution.
Otherwise I just give up it. I do not care tooltip at all!!!!

§
Posted: 2023-05-12

The closest custom element to tp-yt-paper-tooltip should have a buttonTooltipPosition property.
Setting its value to top will solve this problem.

However, each time you play a new video, it will be overwritten with the initial value. So you need to do something about this.
Still, I think this is the best solution so far.

I know most people don't care about tooltips, so thank you for taking the time to address this issue.

§
Posted: 2023-05-13

Thanks. I did not know `buttonTooltipPosition` before.
Fixed in v4.8.6

§
Posted: 2023-05-14
  • Well, I know you think it would be better to add these codes, but could you please remove s.removeAttribute('fit-to-visible-bounds') and s.setAttribute('offset', '0').
  • When only the subscribe button is collapsed, hovering over the channel name will not display the full button.

Sign in to post a reply.