[DEPRECATED] Twitch Adblock

[DEPRECATED] Please use https://github.com/odensc/ttv-ublock instead

< Feedback on [DEPRECATED] Twitch Adblock

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 2020-11-20

It worked for about an hour, but now it doesn't block anything and I get stacks of 7-10 ads in a row, some being 30 second and 1 minute long ads. I have the extensions required, I'm on Chrome browser. What might I be doing wrong with this. Are there any extra steps I need to take here ?

§
Posted: 2020-11-20

what streamer are you watching if i may ask ?
I can try it out and see if ads appear.

§
Posted: 2020-11-21

I'm trying to watch a variety of them, but the ones this was happening with were Souless and K3soju, I hadn't tried many other streamers today mostly because I was watching a streamer I sub to for the duration of their stream, but upon swapping I was met with a 15 minute pre-roll (which I don't know if this is supposed to block) and haven't been in long enough to see if there is another one.

§

I did watch Souless for like 1 hour and no ads so far
Do you use tampermonkey or Greasemonkey ? Preferable to use tampermonkey, also keep ublock enable.
Make sure your script is working properly and no error on console (F12)

§
Edited: 2020-11-21

I've been using Tampermonkey, and I've kept Ublock enabled. I'll watch for any errors on the console.

Edit: I see the error count going up repeatedly, All "Error blocked by client" or "Connection Refused" I've been watching for like 5 minutes and i've hit like 100 errors.

Edit: Still getting ads, both pre-roll and otherwise.

§
Posted: 2020-11-23

Still doesn't work days later. Refreshing, Reinstalling. Nothing.

§

Please see https://github.com/odensc/ttv-ublock , it accomplishes the same embed method via capturing network requests

rendAuthor
§

Yes, please use the above link. This script is no longer being supported.

Sign in to post a reply.