Youtube - dismiss sign-in

Hide the "sign-in" and cookies dialogs. Prevent the dialogs from pausing the video.

< Feedback on Youtube - dismiss sign-in

Review: Bad - script does not work

§
Posted: 2023-06-17

Hello,
Issue, firefox, when Youtube loads, the video will not play, if you press play the video instantly pauses.

Solution: refresh the page, then the video will play without instantly pausing.

AchernarAuthor
§
Posted: 2023-06-17

Thanks for the report. I'll look into this.

AchernarAuthor
§
Posted: 2023-06-18

Can you give me a way to reproduce this problem.
Do you have FF block auto-play?
Do you use an adblocker?

§
Posted: 2023-06-25

I do use an ad block, Ublock, I can screen capture you a video.

§
Posted: 2023-06-25
Edited: 2023-06-25

Just a guess on the root clause.

For some users, their YouTube with Firefox has weird DOM methods on YT custom elements (e.g. TP-YT-IRON-OVERLAY-BACKDROP, YTD-CONSENT-BUMP-LIGHTBOX).

• instead of element.querySelector(selector), use HTMLElement.prototype.querySelector.call(element, selector) instead.
  • instead of element.querySelectorAll(selector), use HTMLElement.prototype.querySelectorAll.call(element, selector) instead.
  • instead of element.contains(child), use HTMLElement.prototype.contains.call(element, child) instead.
§
Posted: 2023-11-15

idem, the site use for me

/s/desktop/432433e9/jsbin/desktop_polymer_css_polymer_serving_disabled.vflset/desktop_polymer_css_polymer_serving_disabled.js

I have some errors "URI invalide. Le chargement de la ressource média data: a échoué." for "watch", accounts.google.com/_/bscframe(which is empty) and accounts.youtube.com/accounts/CheckConnection.

404 for custom-elements-es5-adapter.js, fast-shim.js.sourcemap, webcomponents-sd.js, web-animations-next-lite.min.js.
a lot of Cross-Origin Request denied with play.google.com

hope this exemple help.
firefox 66.?? and ungoogled-chromium 110.0.5481.177 noscript ublock

Thanks for your work

§

just to add, and don't know if that's help...
document.querySelector('ytd-player#ytd-player')

§

just to add, and don't know if that's help...

document.querySelector('ytd-player#ytd-player')

§
Posted: 2023-12-02

I'm also having this issue. I suspect that there's an issue with the script execution timing on some configurations.

The page load will not show the Google popup at all and the video won't play. After a page refresh (or many refreshes) the Google popup will show up, then be blocked by the script. When this happens, the video can be played normally.

This leads me to believe that there needs to be a small delay before the script executes so that the Google popup gets a chance to fully load before blocking it.

I could try testing it, but I don't know how to implement a delay. If someone knows how to add a delay to the script, I can give it a try and report back.

Thanks.

§
Posted: 2024-01-10

couldn't get this working in the end. So I have changed over to the Google Shut up script

Sign in to post a reply.