As old layout engine for YouTube are now partially disabled, there is a script to fix some annoying things.
Settings are accessed through screwdriver and wrench icon at the header of page.
Currently inplemented options:
- align video list on main page;
- align video player on the page;
- change channel home tab;
- change YT logo target;
- cleanup links;
- collapse "guide" menu by default;
- constant video player size;
- convert "shorts" vide format to normal one;
- disable video on-hover previews;
- display full video title;
- hide channel banners;
- hide/extend resume bar;
- hide suggestion blocks;
- hide player forward/backward winding overlay;
- hide side panels on video pages;
- modify watched video thumbnails;
- set video quality (disables auto quality);
- show exact views and likes counts;
- show simplified views counts;
- simpler fullscreen mode;
- smaller video thumbnails;
- remove round corners on thumbnails and player;
- remove shelves on video page;
- resize video description;
- "try load more" button for some pages with dynamic content load;
- unstick header bar from top of the screen.
You also can get alerted about script updates (see 'Script' tab on settings page).
Feedback and suggestions are welcomed (one suggestion/issue per thread, please).